Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Update on our miracle, and Kel, and Me

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Well, my darlin sweet sister is DEFINATELY pregnant...... there is indeed a pronounced fetal yolk sac. Thumbs Up And geeez my poor sis is beginning to get the sickies! Ill and feel more tired already Sleep . Poor thing Sad Can't wait for a few weeks till our next u/s to see and hear our baby's heartbeat. This is such a gift my sister is giving to us carrying our lil one. Love
Meanwhile, Kelsey is 14 months of total terror and all out tantrums all of a sudden. Scared Everything has to be her way. But she is teething badly too... my poor girl. Upset Which means less sleep! Crazy
I had a huge meltdown the other night over our Jake... I just could not stop crying or shaking or believing my sweet boy didn't make it. I mean I have seen many shows where babies his age and even a bit younger fight and survive. I just melted down as why our sweet baby boy fought so hard for 2 days and then was taken. I just wanted more time. Crying
Sorry....
Anyhow... we are all positive and praying for our miracle that my sister is carrying for us. Clapping
Lacey

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Wow that's amazing that it's possible to see it so soon!

Sounds as though congratulations are in order.

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Gosh, you can already see something at 3 weeks on an ultrasound? That's amazing. I always thought you had to wait at least to week 5 to be able to even glimpse the little sac.

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 1 day ago

kristag said:
Gosh, you can already see something at 3 weeks on an ultrasound? That's amazing. I always thought you had to wait at least to week 5 to be able to even glimpse the little sac.

I always thought that too until my friend went for an internal scan (for lady problems) and they found a sac at 3 weeks. They gyn thought she was maybe 5-6 weeks gone but her dating scan 7or 8 weeks later meant that she had only been 3weeks.

LucyLucy
posted 9 years 1 day ago
wow 3 weeks and they can see something, thats amazing i never knew that, i had a scan at 11 weeks and they could just about see

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Congratulations! I'm just curious though, why so many ultra sounds?? and so early on? I was told that it could be dangerous for the baby if they are exposed to the radiation from an ultra sound if done too many times... the hospital that I had my daughter at was a teaching hospital and you could ask to have a "teaching" ultra sound done, which was free and didn't have to be covered by insurance but it was very limited as to how many times you were allowed to have one (I would have gone every day LOL if I knew it wouldn't have been bad for the baby)... I guess maybe because it's a surrogate pregnancy, they check more??

So is your sister still in Maryland where you were from originally or is she living up north where you are? I hope you get to be near her through the whole pregnancy I'm sure that will make you feel good! I'm in Maryland too and I used to live in Rhode Island, what part of MD are you from originally?

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 9 years 1 day ago

hapydazy said:
Congratulations! I'm just curious though, why so many ultra sounds?? and so early on? I was told that it could be dangerous for the baby if they are exposed to the radiation from an ultra sound if done too many times... the hospital that I had my daughter at was a teaching hospital and you could ask to have a "teaching" ultra sound done, which was free and didn't have to be covered by insurance but it was very limited as to how many times you were allowed to have one (I would have gone every day LOL if I knew it wouldn't have been bad for the baby)... I guess maybe because it's a surrogate pregnancy, they check more??

So is your sister still in Maryland where you were from originally or is she living up north where you are? I hope you get to be near her through the whole pregnancy I'm sure that will make you feel good! I'm in Maryland too and I used to live in Rhode Island, what part of MD are you from originally?

We are from Greenbelt, MD. Sis is actually at Yale completing her internship. And yes we are an hour from each other.
I was the one who pushed for this u/s because I had to know. And the next one will be at 8wks. Then they will be further apart. We know the risks... but I HAD to know and once we know there is a heartbeat... all will hopefully relax. Yes

shortie2shortie2
posted 9 years 18 hours ago
fantastic.....Clapping Clapping

bet your difentily well chuffed that your sister is definetly pregnant. Thumbs Up

LihraLihra
posted 9 years 17 hours ago
Oh i am sooo pleased for you. I know the new baby will never replase the baby you lost but i wish you, your partner and your sis all the luck and happiness.

P.s what a lovely thing your sis has been able to do for you

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 8 years 11 months ago
My Beautiful Sis is 6 weeks along with OUR sweet little bean... she is still feeling the "sickies" quite often thoughout her day... but I hope that is a good sign little bean is in there growing well. Thumbs Up She goes about her life like this is not a big deal... this is a huge deal... she has no idea the gift she is giving us. Well, yes maybe she does because she felt the loss of Jake too. Sad
Anyway... Yes 5 weeks to go and we go to OB for an 11wk scan. I cannot wait. I wish it were now.

shortie2shortie2
thats great....

the 5 weeks will no be long in coming around like. Clapping

shortie2shortie2
thats great....

the 5 weeks will no be long in coming around like. Clapping

WolfblassWolfblass
5 Weeks will fly by..........

Join JustParents for free to reply