Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Jade has only months to live

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 8 years 9 months ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7890002.stm?lss

Love her or hate her, this must be a very sad situation. I feel so for her children and family.

angelsmomangelsmom
i think im quite indifferent to jade but i feel soo sorry for her and her family, how do you tell your 2 little ones your goin to die very soon? i dont begrudge anyone this.
when i was ill i think my parents had to prepare for this, obviously and thankfully im good and well but as casey came to visit me a few times durin recovery she now has a slight fear of the hospital. how on earth are these little boys goin to feel? as well as goin thru all this its gonna be in there faces all the time, in the paper, on the news and then their school friends will know too. bless them, thinking of them all. shes so brave!

WkdblueWkdblue
I am not and never will be a fan of hers, but my heart goes out to her boys right now. in a while they are going to be left without their mummy and at such a yung, impressionable age. I only hope that their father gts custody of them and not Tweed or Jades mother, neither of who are good role models.

Also the one thing that really will p*ss me off should she go ahead with it, is her stupid idea to let Living TV film her right up till she takes her final breath. FFS woman, have some sense of pride in yourself and think of what this will do to your sons, mind you, dying is the only part of you that hasn't been flashed round the world. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry that might sound harsh, but her dying breath is not something I want to watch and that, IMHO, should be kept private.

ElementaryElementary

Wkdblue said:
I am not and never will be a fan of hers, but my heart goes out to her boys right now. in a while they are going to be left without their mummy and at such a yung, impressionable age. I only hope that their father gts custody of them and not Tweed or Jades mother, neither of who are good role models.

Also the one thing that really will p*ss me off should she go ahead with it, is her stupid idea to let Living TV film her right up till she takes her final breath. FFS woman, have some sense of pride in yourself and think of what this will do to your sons, mind you, dying is the only part of you that hasn't been flashed round the world. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry that might sound harsh, but her dying breath is not something I want to watch and that, IMHO, should be kept private.

I agree with all that!

welshchickwelshchick
I feel so sorry for her and her children, i cant imagine what the family are going through, my thoughts are with them all at this difficult time !

angelsmomangelsmom
she gives 3 reasons for carrying on filming tho. 1 to make as much money as possible for her boys future. 2 to take her mind of things, keep herself busy and 3 to keep cevical cancer and the importance of smear tests in the public eye, since august the rate of smear tests has gone up by 20%.

saying this i wont watch it, i dont want to see it.

WelshMumWelshMum

Elementary said:

Wkdblue said:

I agree with all that!

She WHAT?!! I am with you both on this one- I feel sorry for her situation and very much so for the little boys. They are the ones that will have to deal with this for the rest of their lives, the poor things.

From the start of her 'career', all I have ever seen Jade as is someone who cannot get enough attention- whatever it's for. I was talking about this the other week with my mum-in-law and sister-in-law and they were surprised at me for not being as concerned as they are. I DO feel sympathy for her and her family but she has gone about this whole ordeal in such a way that you wonder why she has to inform as many people as possible about every aspect of her treatment and so on. At first, I thought "well she's raising awareness to young girls who may not see the necessity in smear tests, good for her" but after the recent headlines such as "I can't tell my boys" (so why put it on the front page of The Sun?!!) I feel that this has gone from what should be private now to her publicist's best interests.

Everyone knows someone who has been affected by cancer, whether the outcome was good or bad. Celebrities such as Patrick Swayze have kept publicity to a minimum, just giving out the odd statement on how he's doing. Death should be approached with dignity and respect for the immediate family, not plastered over every paper/magazine and certainly not on f Angry g TV!

Lou x

candgsmumcandgsmum
I personally feel she should be spending her very little time left with her kids, not on the telly. I will give her one thing though, I've booked my smear test after seeing the consequences!!

samtiffsamtiff
Never having been a Jade fan (in fact I hate BB) I also feel for her as a fellow human being not a celebrity and I agree that it is not the decision I would make to be on TV right to the end... however TV made Jade the person she is. She came from nothing and TV made her feel like someone and gave her a place in the world when she felt she had none. This is also about her being her. Although she needs to put her children first I don't think anyone could really accuse her of not.... I agree with making as much money for them as possible. She wants them to get a fantastic education because her's was so poop and in this country that often costs. Also she has to make herself happy in any way she can - and if that means being on TV because that is what makes her happy, and the TV producers are comfortable to do it, then I am not going to disagree. I have known many people with many illnesses, terminal and many not, and like all of us they need to be themselves as well as Mum/Dad, Wife/Husband etc etc

WelshMumWelshMum
I can totally see where Jade is coming from with regard to wanting to raise as much as she can for her boys but she also should think about how she has been portrayed in her time as a celebrity and become 'normal' again for the short time she has left. When she was on BB (1st time around) she was determined to 'expose' herself as much as possible (literally), which at the time would have been received in both negative and positive ways... good that she had the confidence, bad that she was the only one doing it and I think that went against her as a person. Unfortunately her upbringing turned her into an attention-crazed, highly unstable woman- much like the woman in the US who had 8 babies recently. This showed up again when the race row began on Celebrity BB, the "It's all about ME!" mentality.

I hope that Jack Tweed makes her feel like the most important person in the world when they get married and for the rest of her days, as I would want her to be happy in herself. I have a horrible feeling though that 6 months after her death, if not sooner, he's back out dating again as if it never really mattered although I can imagine she has told him to move on when she dies. I don't think he's a true support to her, as he wasn't prepared to leave with her when she was booted out of Celebrity BB- more interested in himself.

Lou x

WkdblueWkdblue
Aparently (according to that really reliable source, Max Clifford), so id now no longer wanting the cameras there when she pops her clogs and they are appealing for the thug she's marrying to have his curfew relaxed for their wedding night.

Why should the authorities do this? He is out on licence, he signed up to wearing the tag and to the curfew knowing that Jade was ill, although possibly not how ill, so it's not as if it all happened overnight. There are hundreds out there on curfew and they don't all get special treatment so why should he. He did the crime, let him do the time, no exceptions.

I also agree with the fact that he'll be out on the town within 6months of her death screwing his way through her money. He doesn't love her, he only loves himself and the publicity he is getting. poor Jade, she's been totally taken in by him and IMO, the worst thing she could do for her boys and their financial security, is marry this guy.

Again sorry for ranting but I am sick ot the back teeth of seeing them in almost every news bulletin and in every paper. Yes, you raised awareness of cervical cancer, and now many young girls are making appointments for smears, but you are now undoing all that good publicity by whoring yourself to the highest bidder. The media are not concentreating on the cervical cancer story, they are now sitting there like a pack of hungry wolves waiting for their pound of human flesh...and she is giving them it and them some.

Jade, please, go home and spend what remaining time you have with your kids and the family that love you, and keep at least some of your dignity rather than keep doing what you are doing and lose any dignity and respect you had.

SamuelSamuel
Hopefully Jade had a lovely day, there are few things that mean more than the day of your wedding, hopefully it will do her children quite a bit of good to see their mummy so happy.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews