Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Not long now....

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Well i'm into my 35th week, so just over 4 to go!

As most of you know we are moving house this week Very Happy Thumbs Up

I cannot wait to start nesting Clapping Unfortunatley there is a funeral the day we move - however it's DP's brother in law's mother and although we knew her we have excused ourselves from the service. (she was knocked over by a taxi driver - but seemed okay, then two days later she died from a blood clot on the front of her brain) Crying Family who were helping us originally have said they will come after the funeral service, but as ark and i are going to the house to clean and prepare on Thurs we've told them to only come if they really want to. So his mum is coming in the afternoon and his brother is still helping him move. Georgie is off to my parents straight from school on Thursday for the weekend.

Marks working away atm in Salisbury (about 4.5 hours from us) and will be back sometime tomorrow, then we've just got to pack up the things we've been using to live with, try and sort out change of addresses that we've nto got around too and then that is it! YAAAAAAAY!

Bump is getting ever closer and although i am actually feeling great i am so glad i've not been at work.

I meet my new midwife team next Friday (3rd one in this pg Rolling Eyes ) and i'm reallty looking forward to it. We will be discussing the birth plan and i've questions to ask about breastfeeding support.

I also need to buy a tens machine - as i'm planning to use that this time. I was only in labour for just under 8 hours with Georgie but had a delivery MW who just sat and read a book and told me not to groan. I was forced to have pethidine as gas and air made me sick, then pethidine seemed to make me sicker, then they decided to give me an epidural that i really didn;t want - but the nasty anaesthetist couldn't insert it properly spent over an hour trying to do so - said Bingo and walked out. IT NEVER WORKED. In the last half hour when babes was clearly struggling another MW was brought in (big jamaican lady AVRIL) she sent out the other MW - called off the doctor and 10 mins later out popped DD. She was fantastic and restored my faith in MW's at the time. Oh and the anesthtists hadn't even inserted the blimmin epidural.

Sooooo it should be around 5 weeks until we all meet our little fella, i cannot wait - but i'm getting those (what if something goes or is wrong with baby anxety moments - HLEP)

B XX

kristagkristag
There certainly is a lot going on hun. I'm so excited for you in so many ways Clapping Clapping It's all coming together for you at last so here's to an absolutely super rest of 2009 for you all! x

WolfblassWolfblass

kristag said:
There certainly is a lot going on hun. I'm so excited for you in so many ways Clapping Clapping It's all coming together for you at last so here's to an absolutely super rest of 2009 for you all! x

Thanks sweetie xx

WelshMumWelshMum
You and Baby will be fine Baby

Hope you get a better midwife than the one you had before Avril came in, she sounds like a proper 'take charge' midwife! I can just imagine her shoving the other MW out and getting on with the job in hand!! Thumbs Up

I'm considering starting my leave slightly earlier, 34 weeks instead of 36- which will see me finishing on 12th March. I was really tired yesterday morning although I am sleeping ok-ish. I also think that it will (hopefully) guarantee me some time to get everything in order with the decorating just in case I have to be induced or have a section a week or 2 before due date. I know I have to give them 4 weeks notice if I want to change my original leaving date, was going to do it today but couldn't get into work as the road and pavements on my street was 1 big sheet of ice this morning and I wasn't going to risk it, my road goes down to a main road and is very tricky in these conditions. Nearly went AOT when I walked to the car! Have to get my request in this week though.

Hope your house move goes smoothly!

You're going to be a busy bunny over the next few weeks- Bubs will be here before you know it!

Lou x

WolfblassWolfblass
Lou - i am so pleased i chose to leave work at 34 weeks and not 36 as i did with GM! My last week especially became quite unbearable and since i've been on Mat leave i've felt brilliant!

So pleased you are sensible enough not to risk the ice!

Really hope you can finish sooner than you've planned - you've alot to contend with too! Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
I hired my TENS through boots hun, they send it for you reaching 37 weeks and you get a free 2 week extension for if you go over Boots TENS

I think they're ace personally, I got through my whole labour with George with just a TENs Thumbs Up

WolfblassWolfblass

candgsmum said:
I hired my TENS through boots hun, they send it for you reaching 37 weeks and you get a free 2 week extension for if you go over Boots TENS

I think they're ace personally, I got through my whole labour with George with just a TENs Thumbs Up

Oooh thanks for that hun! Thumbs Up - which one did you hire?

candgsmumcandgsmum
I just hired the basic maternity one, it looked like the one in the picture. It had brand new sticking pads which you throw away and they supply extra batteries (which we didn't use but kept Embarassed ). It had 3 different settings, like pulse rapid pulse and constant and a 1-10 or something for the intensity on each setting.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
You do have a lot going on girl!!! I'm glad you're not having to squeeze working in with every thing else that's happening for you guys right now!!

Can someone tell me what a 10's machine is?? I read it mentioned here alot but I don't get it and I always forget to ask?? (It's been a while since I've said "time to educate the American" Rolling Eyes )

candgsmumcandgsmum

hapydazy said:
You do have a lot going on girl!!! I'm glad you're not having to squeeze working in with every thing else that's happening for you guys right now!!

Can someone tell me what a 10's machine is?? I read it mentioned here alot but I don't get it and I always forget to ask?? (It's been a while since I've said "time to educate the American" Rolling Eyes )

http://www.bootsmaternityrentalproducts.co.uk/maternitytens.php Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator (TENS) x

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
wow hun. cant believe yr so close to meeting babby Thumbs Up

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Everything is soooo exciting for you all right now hun. I can't believe you seem to be taking it all in your stride though. I would be a nervous wreck by now. I am glad you have finished work, i hope you manage to get some relaxing in before the big day. It has gone soo fast. I can't wait for those frst piccies of your little man! Thumbs Up Xx

shortie2shortie2
you must be getting so exicited like that you've just got weeks to go Very Happy

Clapping

WolfblassWolfblass
I knw i was asked in the playground this morning when we move and how long until bump arrives.

Two days until moving and just over 4 weeks until bump should be arriving! Clapping

Trust me i'm really trying to hold things together - having nightmares with Utility compaies does not help - they are always a nightmare to re-arrange! Rolling Eyes

But i know i have to look after myself and baby - Mark has to try and calm me down quite alot as i fly off of the handle at the smallest thing at the moment. It's hard enough for him, let aone having to put up with my mood swings - LOL!

xx

samtiffsamtiff
Wow how exciting Clapping everything is for you... if I was you I would burst with it all going on.

I hope the move goes smoothly - leave the kettle and tea cups in easy reach!! Very Happy

As for the Tens info - cool - I have been wondering about trying it but now I am convinced.

So in short have a great move, a fab last few weeks and try to enjoy it all even if the utilities companies are Angry Angry poo heads!

janenchrisjanenchris
Don't envy you moving home so far along. I only hope I cope as well as you obviously are (and I don't intend to be moving) Smile ! Best of luck with it all!

WelshMumWelshMum
posted 9 years 8 months ago

candgsmum said:

How much do they charge you to hire the TENS?

Lou x

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 8 months ago

WelshMum said:

candgsmum said:

How much do they charge you to hire the TENS?

Lou x

£29.35 for 1mth according to the link sarah posted hun Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews