Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

haydens bein sooo difficult.

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 8 years 10 months ago
hes a terror, turning tv off n on, and dvd if were watchin one. he even pulled the plug out tother day turning off tv dvd sky and xbox.
he pulls caseys hair, squeals if he doesnt get is own way, hits out and bites, hes ust bit my cheeek.

if i shout at him or give him a smack on the hand he just laughs. i dont remember casey being like this at this age tho i know shes not a great role model for him, but i just dont know what to do now.

candgsmumcandgsmum
The only thing we find helps with George, is to ignore him.

We send him on the step, shut the door between and let him get on with it. When his 2 minutes is up, he's usually given up paddying and we make him apologise to whoever he's hit etc.

It hasn't totally stopped him misbehaving but its helped a little.

AlexAlex Moderator
Use the naughty step. He is not to young to do his time for what you see as unacceptable behaviour.

You can also have a sticker chart.

What ever you do remember to be consistent and always foloow it through.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
we had a naughty corner (i live i a bungalow and have no steps, plus not big enough to have a naughty chair etc) I eorked a treat with lolly, you do have to be consistent though. I also find praise is great. Try and praise him for everything when he is not being naughty. Like, you are being such a good boy today playing with your cars etc. We so often forget when they are being good so as to get on that they tend to be naughty as it gets our attention and gives them some (even negative) Stiker charts are also good (Like Alex says!) Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews