Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Any ideas for work from home?

HelenLHelenL
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi everyone, new to the site.

Came across this forum while looking for home work ideas.

I'm happy to be a stay at home mum but would like to feel like I'm contributing towards the bills a little!

I've done ebay and I'm not wanting to try and make a living out of that, I only ever sold stuff that I no longer wanted instead of finding a product that I could keep on selling.

Has anyone found any work from home companies that are not scams, don't require you to trudge the streets and that actually brings in a little money? I'm not looking for get rich quick schemes, just want to see a few more pennies coming in rather than watching them go out all the time!

Any advice would be great!

PamperLadyPamperLady
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi Helen,
Have you thought of party plan?
I used to be a Kleeneze distributor but decided to try party plan so that at least I would be in a nice warm house while I'm working Smile There are loads to choose from and I would advise you to think about the products you love working with to help you make your choice. I have tried many and have settled on one that makes me feel really good Smile I absolutely love pampering women and making them feel good and that helped me to choose the party plan company that I am currently involved in along with the fact that they help farmers in third world countries as well as the UK to receive a fair wage. The company I work with also works really hard to raise awareness and funds for Children on the Edge which appealed to me greatly.
I work with bodyshop and earn extra money as well as some lovely free products for myself Very Happy
If this appeals to you just reply to me and I'll help you with whatever I can Smile
Take care,
Jenny Smile

davemcdavemc
posted 8 years 3 months ago
did you find a good business to do at home?

trangmurraytrangmurray
posted 4 years 6 months ago
Hello, I know your post is some years now but I just wonder if you found any business working from home yet ?
Thanks

andybodybyviandybodybyvi
posted 4 years 4 months ago
Hi I'm not sure if you have found anything yet, but I have recently started a new online business. It is from a company that has had massive success in the USA and is now coming over to the UK. They are still in pre-launch but people are already making money from it (45,000 new customers in the last 3 months in the UK alone).

Feel free to contact me for anymore information.

Good luck in whatever you chose to do.

swaliaswalia
posted 1 year 10 months ago
You can start working on various online sites. If you are good at writing then you can try Hubpages or Blogjob. If you are willing to take risks then you may try revshare sites like Traffic Monsoon or My Paying Ads. You can also sign up for Fiverr and offer your services there. You can find freelancing projects at sites like Freelancer.

FayYouniqueFayYounique
posted 1 year 9 months ago
Hi Helen,

I am a younique presenter, i was really skeptical and didn't believe that i would make any money with there been a £69 outlay for my presenter kit which is beautiful, however i have earned nearly £200 in a month just selling make up through Facebook and from word of mouth.

Its an amazing support group as well, as every purchase from the Younique foundation they donate 50% of the profits to women in domestic abuse relationships.

If you would like anymore information on what you get in your presenter pack or what the pay/commission is like give me a message.

If you decide this is not for you, i wish you the best in whatever you do.

Fay xxxx

morgoodiemorgoodie
I am trying to do the same thing by finding a work at home business or other online income. I do sell on eBay and have thought about doing it as a business. I am also an independent Avon Representative and I am liking it so far. I am trying to get my online website marketed so I can do most of the selling online. I like the people that I work with and they are very supportive and have tons of advice for those just starting out. Hope you find or have found what you are looking for.

sugarnspicesugarnspice
What are your interests? Are you thinking of starting a new business? You can do online selling and engaged your business in all social media feeds. If you are interested working with a company, you can try applying at odesk.com and you will find a lot of good opportunities there for a stay at home parent.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews