Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Home births anyone else thought of it ??

amzamz
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hiya everone after much thought and lots of research im goin to speak to my midwife about a homebirth.
Has anyone else thought about it or actually had one if so any advice would be welcome.
x

GTTkelGTTkel
Hi I'm planning to have a home birth this time. It's my third baby and I've already spoken to my midwife about it. I thought about it with my second but due to certain factors (including my hubby being worried) I didn't go through with it before. However this time I'm hoping to get a happy healthy home birth. I had both my other children naturally, my first with just gas and air and my second with no pain relief atall. This is a low risk pregnancy and hopefully everything should be just as good as my other birth experiences. I'm thinking about birthing pools, but not sure yet if I want to use one. I think midwives are supportive of home birth as long as you are in good health with a low risk pregnancy. Let me know what happens.

shortie2shortie2
this is my own opinion:

dunno if i would go with a home birth like. I'd be to worried if something was to go wrong and had to get rushed to hospital. Or if either me or baby was needing a blood transfusion. Dont get me wrong thats what i think but its upto you at the end of the day. Hope everything goes well for you if you choose homebirth..

SamuelSamuel
Me and all my siblings were born at home as were my sisters and cousins children.

GTTkelGTTkel
I agree with you shortie2, if something went wrong it would be scary and a mad rush to the hospital. This was one of the things I discussed with my midwife because I'm planning a home birth this time. She told me that when you are in established labour the midwife actually notifies the local paramedic unit that they have a woman birthing at home;I don't know if this applies to everywhere as different areas vary but certainly where I live! So that if something goes wrong there are paramedics close by who they contact directly to come straight to your home and assist or transfer to hospital. She also said that generally if they need to transfer you the signs are there before you reach the end of labour. It's always a risk of course so I totally respect people's decision either way; and I think you and the mid wives have a better idea of what is likely to happen if you've already had children and have experiences to compare to.

angelsmomangelsmom
a friend of mine had a home birth, due to complications with first child she had to wait till she got to 36weeks before she got the go ahead from the consultants. but still the midwifes were on and off about it. they gave her the kit but then on the day she went in to labour they told her she would have to go in, she refused told them she would be birthing at home no matter (she had already written to the pct and got permission) anyway when it came to it the hospital sent out the midwifes and all went extremly well. shes even plannin a home birth again with the next when it they make it LOL

amzamz
Thanx everyonfor your replies.
Ive done alot of research in which i have found that its actually safer to have first baby at home than second as in general most womans labours with first birth are slower and longer so if there is a problem it is found in plenty of time. Also with home births you have 1/2 midwives with you at all times which you do not in a hospital which should be alot safer in my opinion.
So cant wait to see midwife on 16th Feb to have a discussion on this and hopefully we will come to some sort of decision as to whats best for me and baby.
xx

GTTkelGTTkel
Hope it goes well amz, let us know

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews