Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Rich's Story Corner...

RichRich Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I used to do a Kids story time download show, but I think the Witches was the wrong choice of story...I am thinking of revamping the show to suit youngsters, starting with Georges Marvellous Medicine...I want to know if I do these, would you download them and listen?....let me know, I am chomping at the bit here! I look forward to the feedback.

alis378alis378
Hi there Rich
What sort of age range are you catering for?? If suitable for under 5's then I may well do this as now I have a laptop we could incorporate this into storytime we have whilst I childmind.
Hope it works out for you
Alison
x

RichRich Moderator
Well I suppose 3 years upwards as I have a 3 year old son he has alot of books suitable for that age range, I am a huge fan of the Roald Dahl books, I did do the Witches but I think people found that while it was enjoyable to listen to for themselves, it was a tad too scary for the kiddie winks...thats why I want to start with Georges Marvellous medicine, a very entertaining book, and a chance for me to bust lose with a host of voices for the characters Smile

GTTkelGTTkel
I love Roald Dahl,I've kept all my books from when I was little for my kids Smile

sugarsugar Moderator
yeah hun sounds great Smile
can u do matilda? thats a great one Razz

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i love rold dalh hes great i love george and matilda yeah i would be very intrested hun go for it
xxx

RichRich Moderator
Watch this space!

Will probably start after this week, get the kiddie back to Nursery and I can have the time to sit down and focus Smile hope you will enjoy what is to come.

SassySassy
- My blog
My kids are all school aged how about a story they would like?
The Great Gilly Hopkins?
The Boxcar Children?

Or any 3rd to 5th grade title that is NOT Harry Potter.

WitchyPooWitchyPoo

Rich said:
I used to do a Kids story time download show, but I think the Witches was the wrong choice of story...I am thinking of revamping the show to suit youngsters, starting with Georges Marvellous Medicine...I want to know if I do these, would you download them and listen?....let me know, I am chomping at the bit here! I look forward to the feedback.

All i can say is YES do it LOL my daughter is blind and we are always wanting audio stories, as many different ones as she can get to listen to....I'm sure she would love to listen Smile shes a huge roald dahl fan too lol

RichRich Moderator
The way it would work is...

Every Tues and Thurs there will be 1 - 2 chapters recorded and a link provided to download the story. This will combine into the complete book eventually Smile The download would be way too big if I did the entire book in one sitting you see Smile plus it's something to look forward to Very happy

alis378alis378
Sounds great, cant wait.
Alison
x

RichRich Moderator
Chapter 1 coming today....download link will be provided in a new post shortly.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews