Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

help girlie names & stuck? & double buggies?

daisy33daisy33
posted 9 years 5 months ago
I had my 20 wk scan yesterday and found out it was a girl which is lovely as i already have Harrison, but for some reason i thought it would be a boy(no idea why really)

MY husband and i are finding it hard to agree on a name, here are some of our idea's Ruby, Claudia, Scarlett, Freya and Jasmine

What are your thoughts? I know it is our choice as Harrison was so mutual and certain of. I want something different but not too off the wall. Any ideas?

Also any ideas of good double buggies? i like the idea of the one infront of the other, instead of side by side any feedback on ones you have used?

Hope your all well, sorry i do not get on often these days

kristagkristag
Congrats on a pink baby Baby Clapping

Of course Jasmine is a superb name as it's my eldest daughter's name Thumbs Up I like Freya too, although being a Final Fantasy addict, that was the name of a rabbit like character in FFIX Embarassed However, it think it's nice and unusual. I'm sure you won't find another Freya in her school. To be honest, Jasmine is 10 now and she's not had another Jasmine in her schools either! Thumbs Up

Totally unbiased advice on names there I'm sure you'll agree Wink

AlexAlex Moderator
Scarlett, Claudia and Jasmine are the more unique names. We have several Freyas in our school and Ruby's both are very popular names these days.

As for a double buggies, I would go to John Lewis, Mothercare etc and play about with what they have and see what will work for you, I know someone who had 3 dble buggies before she got the one she liked and was 100% happy with because she just ordered them from Amazon, and babies R us without actually playing about with different ones.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Last edited by mum2popsnjak 9 years 5 months ago
Hi hun, i have already conratulated you on fb for your good news on a pink bump, if you haven't seen? But again, Woohoo. I cant believe it is 20weeks already! As for names, well i like nearly all of those. Freya was on our list for Jake had he been a girl, although we ended up deciding on Amelia/Milly for him had he been a girl in the end. I also love Scarlett and Ruby. Alex is right though Ruby is getting more common recently and as well as me thinking of freya i also know two other people who have it on their name list, so maybe that is getting more common too? I don't think Claudia is very common, however i know someone with that name and it put me off it - funny how something like that happens? Still, you will get there hun, i'm sure one will jump out at you in the end? I also loved Eden for a girl, DF wasn't as keen though? Shrug LOL My friend had no idea what she wanted at all for either sex and then when her daughter was born the midwife asked if she had a name and my friend said "yes, Mary Jayne Elizabeth?" 3 names in 2seconds flat Shocked LOL. You may find that something completely different comes along?
As for the double buggy's, i have a side by side so i am not much help and tbh i haven't used it that much but you will obviously have a smaller age gap than mine (which was just 2yr) I have heard good things about Phil and Teds though? May be worth a look? Xx

Edited to add, Sorry i forgot to mention Jasmine. Great name, and i don't know that many? So maybe isn't that common? Suppose it does depend on area? Still Krista did well promoting that one so will leave it at that! Wink LOL

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Congrats on finding you're having a girl!! I try not to give name advise but I do love Freya and Claudia! (Mike and I have a friend called Claudia and everyone calls her Cloud LOL, I love it!

WolfblassWolfblass
Hiya,

Congrats on pink bump! We were the other way around, we already ahve Georgia-Mae and i was convinced this was abother pinkie, but found out we were having a boy!

I absolutley love the name Ruby - but bear in mind that it was no.2 for 2008 an the top 100 names! So is VERY popular! We had chosen that for bump if it were pink - but having known it's popularity it would of changed!

I know a lot of Freya's too - so may depend on what area you are (although i do love the name).

I love Scarlett and Jasmine. Claudia is very unusual too so it's really growing on me since i've read it. Thumbs Up

Other names i love for a girl are Isobel, Amara, Xanthe or Xanthia, and India. (although alot of the above do not go wth DP's surname...LOL)

LihraLihra
hi i found that double buggys one in front was so hard to stear around places as it takes a while and deffinatley not 3 wheelers as i found the graco 3 infront kept toppling over when i turnt corners (not good).

i found side by side a lot easier to handle but it is personal thoughts really both styles are hard to negotiate around shops etc.

I like mum to pops and jak also had 2 yrs so didnt get much use but when i had the twins i used it almost everyday and def found side by side easier.

daisy33daisy33
Smile thanks for all your help, now i am even more confused te he!!!

Like the idea of a double buggy infront of each other, but not sure parents get on so well with them. Def think i need to go and do some serious testing.

I am also thinking about Tilly for a name??? STill love Ruby, Jasmine and Freya the most. Hubby prefers Scarlett, Claudia and Jasmine

Thanks for all your replys especially with not being on very much of late

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oooh sorry, this isn;t going to be much help but i love Tilly too! LOL Great name Thumbs Up I had soooo many girls names i liked. Just a shame me and DF didn't agree on hardly any Sad LOL. Still we both liked Lauren and i am glad we chose it in the end. Maybe as Jasmine is in the top 3 for both of you, that would be a good choice for you? Good luck though hun. You will prob get more confused before it gets better Wink I know a name will jump out at you in the end though! Xx

WolfblassWolfblass
A colleague of mine has a Tilly and a Freya - how strange!

I'm not keen on Tilly if i am honest. But if you both like it go for it ( i never like names that remind me of someones dog -sorry Razz Embarassed )

xxx

daisy33daisy33
love the honesty on here!!!

Think i am swaying more for Jasmine and Ruby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GTTkelGTTkel
I really like Ruby and Jasmine! They are both names I would have concidered myself but I had a pet called Jasmine and my cousin's little one is called Ruby but yes both of those are great.
Never had a double buggy myself so can't help there.

shortie2shortie2
yeah Baby pink Very Happy

i like/prefer ruby to be honest. When i read claudia i thought of that claudia shiffer wife....

LihraLihra
im with hubby i like scarlet

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews