Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Almost One Year On!!

laineyklaineyk
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hey everyone in a couple of weeks it would have been Sophies first birthday and unfortunately couple days later the day she died so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what hubbie and i should do for her birthday.
I cant believe that its almost a year, although the pain is less and days easier i just miss her so much.
I think if we can get through this one at least the new baby will be here to distract us next christmas and birthday.

So any ideas?

Exx

kristagkristag
Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear that. I have to confess I didn't know you'd lost your little one. As you may know, my little girl is a Sophie too - a lovely choice of name Smile

Do you have a garden? Maybe buying a lovely winter flowering plant that blooms around her birthday every year would be a nice reminder?

I can't imagine how much you must miss her. I am guessing you have photos of her before she passed away? Maybe get a pretty photo frame and put in it a photo and each of you write a few words and put them around the picture as a little birthday reminder?

Hope that may have helped hun Hug Hug

Huge hugs to you
x

laineyklaineyk
I love the idea of planting something and watching it bloom every year thank you.
Sophie is off course a fabulous name and if my next little one is a girl thats what her middle name will be.

Exx

shortie2shortie2
am so sorry to hear that hunni. Hug

am with kirstag on this one... a lovely winter flower. Thumbs Up or how about plant alittle tree in the garden?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, It must be a very difficult time for you at the moment. Trying to get through what would have been her 1st birthday and also her death a couple of days later. I wish i could come up with some great idea for you to 'celebrate' her birthday but i can't think of anything meaningful for you. I do think Krista's idea od a flowering winter plant is a great one! Sorry i could come up with anything new for you. I will have a think though and if i come up with any possible ideas i will post them hun Hug Xx

LihraLihra
My daughter Teleahs birthday (1yr) has just come up and we didnt do much we went to the cemetary but we didnt want to make the day full of sadness as it was also Meleahs first birthday so on the 18th feb the day she passed on we are letting of 366 ballons one for each day she has passed.

We have now decided that on each anniversary we will then let of a ballon for every year she has been gone filled with memories from close family members and a small teddy attached.

Hope this helps

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak

Lihra said:
My daughter Teleahs birthday (1yr) has just come up and we didnt do much we went to the cemetary but we didnt want to make the day full of sadness as it was also Meleahs first birthday so on the 18th feb the day she passed on we are letting of 366 ballons one for each day she has passed.

We have now decided that on each anniversary we will then let of a ballon for every year she has been gone filled with memories from close family members and a small teddy attached.

Hope this helps

wow, what a fabulous idea hun! A lovely way of remembering your beautiful angel! Hug Xx

SAHMSAHM
I like the flower idea we did that with DH little cousin that passed, we have a rose bush in her memory...also the ballon idea is great....that is how my boys "talk" the their grandmother that just passed. We buy a ballon and the boys draw a pics or write a letter to her, and we tie it to the string, and we send it off to the sky Halo

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope you and DH are doing well. Flower

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews