Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Well, update on baby H

mkbabymkbaby
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
Hello all, hope everone is well.

Well as you all know this has been a bit of an up and down pregnancy so far and the weekend just gone was one of the down moments. I woke up very wet and continued to get wet every 10 to 15 mins. I phoned the labour ward to sepak to a midwife as mine has her phone off ( i guess u cant be pregnant at weekends lol). Anyway, I was told to get myself to a and e as it sounded like my waters had started to leak. Of course me being me I panicked and freaked for 20 mins trying to arrange a lift and get myself dressed.

It was the quickest I have ever known going through a and e and on to sau where i then waited for hours for some crazy lady who i didnt understand to tell me that if it was my waters i wasnt far enough for the baby to live so would have o wait until i miscarried (as u can prob guess i loved her, not!).

She scanned me and did an internal and said she couldnt see any water but that she couldnt measure the fluid properly. Not entirely convinced all was well, I was sent home knowing baby was alive and that i would be scanned again.

Well, epau called me monday to get me in yesterday and baby H is absolutely perfect. Measured exactly as it should have so my dates were spot on still and...............they are 90% sure I am having a boy!

I am so pleased that for the first time ever, I have made it this far and can say that my baby is doing well. Will still have my anomaly scan next weds when they will hopefully confirm sex and check in more detail.

I am so pleased though and wanted to share with you my little adventure. Hopefully now, my little pudding will just let the rest of my pregnancy run smoothly as I am not sure i can take much more of the worry.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the essay.

Love Fi and tidgy pud xxx

ellee1984ellee1984
glad all is well with baby h

sounds like a really scary weekend hopefully you'll get no more scares and things will start to run smoothly from now onwards in the remainder of your pregnancy..

congratz on your blue bump at least you can start planning names etc

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oh my god hun, what a worry for you, and what an awful woman you had to see. She obviously needs to brush up on her bedside manner! Mad I am so pleased it was all a faulse alarm for you though hun. I have my fingers crossed that from now on it will all be plain sailing and baby will arrive safe and sound when he is meant to (another blue bump) i think blues are definitely ahead here on JP at the mo?

By the way, i love that you are calling bubs tidgy pud! Love We had a button and a peanut! It really seemed to help me bond as i hated the thought of saying 'it' all the time as we didn't even know the sex of ours so couldn't even use he/she. Keep us updated how you get on at your anomaly scan hun. Xx

laineyklaineyk
Great news hope all stays smooth for the rest of your pregnancy hun.

We refer to our bump as "bubba" which all our friends take the mick about, but our baby girl was bubba so her brother or sister is getting the same!!

Elaine x

samtiffsamtiff
Sorry to hear about being so scared but super pleased to hear everything is well.
Take it easy and stuff if you can and with any luck you will have a quiet last 1/2 of the pregnancy when you can enjoy rather than worry.
:-)

shortie2shortie2
glad it was nothing to worry about in the end. Scary at the time thou!!

Glad you and baby H are doing fine and dandy

xx Kiss

kristagkristag
Phew, glad all is well for you hun. That sounded really scary. What a horrible woman you had to deal with - sounds like she needed a lesson on caring! Tounge Out

Pleased everything is coming along well with Baby H. Looking forward to seeing some scan pics so don't forget to post some Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews