Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

maternity clothes

shortie2shortie2
posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hope you's dont think am on a total rant here..............

am just wondering here am a big girl in terms of size. Am a Size 22 and cannot find maternity clothes to fit. ave tried new look, asda, dorothy perkins, debahams, including there websites and simply be. Ave also tried there websites and also used google. But am having no luck at all. Theres alot of Angry Frustrated going on. If am having luck there clothing is around £25+ just for a pair of jeans. Am sorry but i grudge paying that kinda money for a pair of jeans that price that am gonna wear for what 5 or 6 months. Have to resort in buying 4 pairs of trousers a size bigger to see how i go

Has anyone else had this problem thats a big girl like me (no meaning to be rude with the saying)...

Wave

LihraLihra
I had the opposite problem with my first i was so small to start with that no one did maternity clothes small enough but a size biogger would just fall off in the end i stuck with baggy jumpers and elasticated skirts. (not altogether a great look) but at least i was semi comfortable.

shortie2shortie2
thanks hen...

least we're at oppisite ends if you ken what i mean least i aint the only one with the problem haha

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi hun, I have to say when i was pregnant i did notice that they didn't do bigger sizes than a 20 in maternity clothes. I never did work out why? I mean bigger ladies need maternity clothes too. I am a size 18 and so was near the top end of materninty clothes. Like you i begruged paying out for clothes that i wasn't going to wear for too long. However i did get a couple of pairs of jeans. Apart from that i stuck with a size bigger than i am in normal clothes. I bought a couple of elasticaed skirts and some elasticated trousers and they lasted all the way through the pregnancies. Good luck hun, if i come across anywhere that sellsbegger size mat clothes i will let you know though hun! Xx

WolfblassWolfblass
I'm a size 18 hun and i bought 2 pairs of Maternity Jeans from M&P's they were about £30 each but i have lived in them, my over the bump pair are now getting tight around bump at 33 weeks, BUT my under the bump pair are still too big!

Other than this i just bought joggy bottoms (think cheapo £3-9 ones in asda!)

HTH!

I wouldn't bother with buying a size up as personally i found it a waste of time as the rest of my body stayed the same size apart from bump...so they just dropped down annoyingly!!!

shortie2shortie2
thanks for the replies Thumbs Up

am no that bothered with the top half of me really. we'll soon see if my "buying a size bigger" in trousers will work out...

Moon (sorry you just gotta love these wee smiley things LOL)

AlexAlex Moderator
H & M

Next have some (I think)

I lived in the next size joggy bottoms

shortie2shortie2
thanks alex.

thats all ave been in the mood for wearing is my joggy bottoms and my trackies. Which i have to say ave stopped wearing my trackies as theyve started getting tight now! Crying

xx

WkdblueWkdblue
Am having exactly the same problem. I'm a 22/24 and it's almost impossible to get mat clothing in these sizes. Have you tried ebay? I found that they had a lot of bigger sized stuff so I'll be buying mine there, plus it's usually cheaper than the shops as people get rid of stuff they bought and never wore LOL

samtiffsamtiff
Last edited by samtiff 8 years 10 months ago
I am an 18 and I am tall I have managed to eventually find some clothes at OK prices. I needed work trousers and I managed to get some Mamas and Papas ones on sale for £17. Also they are a LARGE 18 so it might be worth you checking them out. (I could only afford there clothes on sale though.)
Have you tried Bumps or Fun Mums (I have fixed this link now so it goes to the proper place!

WkdblueWkdblue
the fun mums link seems to take you to a dodgy site. Will have a wee google and see what I cna come up with.

AlexAlex Moderator

Wkdblue said:
the fun mums link seems to take you to a dodgy site. Will have a wee google and see what I cna come up with.

Lindsay I have changed the link for funmums. I looks like it should have been .co.uk and not .com!!

WelshMumWelshMum
I am size 16 trousers but 12 up top- thanks to the previous 2 c-sections Sad , but I just did the size bigger with the joggers and got some jeans from mothercare/next to see me thru. As for tops, I found it easier (and in most cases, better choice!) to just get non-maternity tops that were loose fitting by the style of them. I have got my eye on some lovely batwing tunics in new look but won't get them 'til I get to 36 weeks and about the size I'll be for the remainder. I hope! Shocked

Lou x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews