Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

My pram Delivery mess so far....

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 5 months ago
So we ordered my pram system last Friday from mothercare and was told it would be delivered within 4 working days.

Got back from GM's school visit and a card was left saying it was at number 5.

When the lights came on at number 5 DP went across but no delivey, an hour later a guy knocks on the door saying he has our delivery (no.7).

But it's only the carrycot, so the pram chair, pram chassis, footmuff and bag missing,

Called UPS who delivered it and that's all they were consigned to deliver. Call Mothercare and explin but then systems go down, however she says it;s stange and all should come together. She calls us back 45 miins later to say that systems will be down until tomorrow but soemeone will call us in the morning! But were we aware delivery could take up to a month? Shrug Angry Angry

A month??????? Exactly why we ordered over the phone so we could find out which courier they use and how long delivery takes due to us both working full time and moving house etc!

I'm sooo bleedin miffed already!

(however i love the carrycot it is gorgeous and as a bonus comes with a mosquito net and raincover and blanket which i didn't expect! Thumbs Up )

I just want the blummin rest now!

kristagkristag
You really would think these kind of stores would get delivery on such items right wouldn't you! After all, you can't really wait for somewhere to put your baby to sleep or take them out in can you..."sorry lovely midwife, I think I'll wait to have this baby another month so I have all my goods from Mothercare" Crazy Crazy

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Arrgghh how annoying! what is wrong with these people? Is it really that hard to get in right? Shrug Especially when you had been told up to 4days! Lets hope they ring back with some good news for you in the morning hun! really pleased you are loving the carrycot though hun. Always great when you get unexpected bonus' too! Thumbs Up Xx

WelshMumWelshMum
Oh no! Not you too!! I still haven't heard back from TRU about what happened with the delivery of my pram last week- I sent an e-mail to reinforce my disappointment on thursday and they replied saying that the issue was being dealt with by head office or something, would have thought I would have heard something by now... unless they are planning to send out vouchers or something? Thumbs Up

Come on Toys R Us Whistling

Hope you get the rest of your stuff v soon! Hug

Lou xx

WolfblassWolfblass
Well we got the rest this morning Thumbs Up

BUT DP called them at 10.30 as he ahd not had a cal and needed to get on with busness stuff. The very rude customer service lady told him that it was due to be out in the next 4 days but couldn't tell him when. She said it definatley wouldn't be delivered today as was still waiting to be dispatched. he put the phone down, literally went down a flight of stairs and there was a knock on the door.

DELIVERY OF THE PRAM!!! Rolling Eyes Very Happy Razz

It is bluumin fantastic i am soooooooo in love with it! £250 cheaper in the sale then my original choice and i actually prefer it loads Love Love

I cannot wait to walk my little man out in it!!!!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww bless you Happy . I am so pleased the rest of it has arrived all in one piece today hun, and that you love it so much. Even better as it was such a bargain! Thumbs Up Goes to show what twaddle the customer service people talk sometimes though doesn't it! Xx

WelshMumWelshMum
Glad you have received the rest of the pram!! I just emailed TRU and asked for vouchers as a gesture from the company for the delivery fiasco- let's see what they do there!! Shrug

They can hardly tell me to get lost!!

Lou x

WolfblassWolfblass
I've got my fingers crossed for you Lou! xxx

WelshMumWelshMum
I haven't had a reply from them on that yet- I'll give them a week then contact the local paper! Ha!

WolfblassWolfblass
Flamin idiots!!

RichRich Moderator
Got ours from Argos, for £99.99 which was down from £149.99, came with Foot muff, rain cover, carry case and shade ( which were not advertised with it ) and the carrier doubles as a car seat, just walked into the store and walked out with it 10 mins later. Simple and fuss free, and a bargain to boot.

WelshMumWelshMum

Rich said:
Got ours from Argos, for £99.99 which was down from £149.99, came with Foot muff, rain cover, carry case and shade ( which were not advertised with it ) and the carrier doubles as a car seat, just walked into the store and walked out with it 10 mins later. Simple and fuss free, and a bargain to boot.

Wish I'd done that!

shortie2shortie2
finally..... Clapping

have you's wrote to mothercare as a compliant??

WelshMumWelshMum

Wolfblass said:
I've got my fingers crossed for you Lou! xxx

I still haven't heard from them so I sent them an e-mail about half an hour ago asking that how come they hadn't replied to my last e-mail about a goodwill gesture when they had contacted me asap with the other e-mails!

WolfblassWolfblass
Theya re tkaing their flipping time Lou!!!!!! Angry

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews