Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

A BFP!!!- Could i have been pregnant with my period?????

JAYLOJAYLO
posted 1 decade 8 months ago
Hey everyone

I have just got a BFP and I am ecstatic!! I'm going to be a mummy!!! YIPEE!!!!But I was wondering if any of u could help. About 2 months ago I fainted twice(which isnt like me)and I have put on a bit of weight around my tummy. I was wondering could i have been pregnant since way back then??? I had wat i would describe as normal periods(quite heavy) and over the course of those 2 months I did about 8 HPT which all came back neg!!! Is it likely to be preg with periods and lots of neg tests???? I know Im prob just worrying unnecessarily and Im prob just imagining my tummy looks huge (im a size 8!) But wondered if its poss

Thanks for all ur advice

BABY DUST TO ALLXXXXX

AlexAlex Moderator
I wouldn't have thought so especially if your eriod was normal (stranger things have happened though). I would think the GP will date you from your last period so your dating scan will be when the GP thinks you are about 12 weeks pregnant. Then you will have a better idea of when baby is due and how far along you are.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I just wanted to say i am sooo pleased for you. Congratulations hun, absolutely fab news! Very happy Also, in answer for your question. I would go along with Alex hun. A few people do have periods throughout their pregnancies and it is infact quite common to have a small bleed around when your period would have been due in the first couple of months. However, if your periods where on time and normal for you and you have had bfn's since then, i would think it is very unlikely you were pregnant before you got your BFP this month hun. I would say it is possible but VERY unlikely! As Alex said, i would et your GP date you from the first day of your last period as is usual and when thet would make you 12 weeks you should have a dating scan (if these are available in your area, some areas only have a anomaly/growth scan at 20wk) this scan will show a much more acurate date of when your baby was conceived! Xx

GTTkelGTTkel
I have known women to have a period after falling pregnant and therefore not realising that they were pregnant straight away BUT with negative test results aswell I doubt it because you'd still have the change in hormone levels rejistering in your urine sample. Anyway you've got your result now so that's great!!

JAYLOJAYLO
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
Thanks again for ur adviceXXX

janenchrisjanenchris
Hey Jaylo, when I first found out I was pregnant it was because I had my period as normal, but it lasted only 3 days rather than the normal 5 - I was worried my cycles were drying up so did a test before making a docs appt. Although it was planned I really didn't expect to get a BFP! When my period was due the next month, the same happened. In fact, at 12 weeks now and still bleeding a fair bit on and off, but 4 scans have shown the baby is doing well. You never know. Tell your doc you are concerned you may be more than however many weeks preggers and they will get you in for an early scan. They have to know too, as they won't want to miss the cut of points for certain scans and tests. Smile

kristagkristag
Great news hun Very happy Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews