Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Proud mummy moment

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Joseph has been going to swimming lessons for 14mths now but every week we have the same problem, he WILL NOT put his face in the water. He is a nightmare when I wash his hair.

I managed to get a space with one of the instructors who does 1:1 sessions and after 30minutes with her today he was putting his face in the water Thumbs Up

He came out saying on Saturday at his group lesson he might put his whole head under the water (fingers crossed)

GTTkelGTTkel
That's great and I totally get what you're saying. Summer is in her second term of swimming and just wont get her face wet, which in turn means she doesn't do some of the activities they do in the lessons like swimming through hoops under water. I can not wait for the day we have the same breakthrough as Joseph has had today.
WELL DONE JOSEPH

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Yay, that's great... I assure you that fear is gone forever now! Hopefully shampooing his hair will be so much easier now for you both!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, that is just fab. Well done Joseph! Thumbs Up It is such a great feeling when they manage to overcome a little fear or problem that scares them. Lolly hates heights in certain situations. We have no idea where it came from but we ar eslowly getting there and she will now stand on a chair in the kitchen to help me, which would have been a definite nono a few weeks ago Thumbs Up Xx

AlexAlex Moderator

hapydazy said:
Yay, that's great... I assure you that fear is gone forever now! Hopefully shampooing his hair will be so much easier now for you both!

I really hope that his fear has gone now. ANd that I can wash his hair without the fight!!

jo-jojo-jo
Thumbs Up Well done Joseph.

WolfblassWolfblass
Well done Joseph - that is fantastic!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Clapping

SummerSummer
Well done Joseph! Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews