Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

My child is still wetting night and day!!

sliceslice
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Please can anyone help? My five year old is still having accidents in the day and at night, I have him in pants during the day but he has loads of spares at school just incase.At night though he is still in pullups,and as he is quite big for his age we are finding the normal ones to small and they either tear or just leak.we have been buying the huggies drynites but these are really quite expensive and money is quite short. A friend of mine mentioned that she thought we could get free ones from the doctors do you know if this is true as it would be a god send but I dont want to just go and ask incase I end up looking a fool and also I sometimes find if a gp has never had to deal with a problem then it simply doesnt exist.Also If you have any other ideas on what we can do to help him out then please feel free to comment as he is on medication to try and help but im not that happy about my son taking medication at the age of five and to be honest does not seem to be really working and he seems reluctant for me to tie a knot in it I cant understand why!!!.thanks guys xx kel

chezchez
im not to sure what to suggest apart from to get the supernanny book that has just come out it is like a bible to me with having a 14wk old 2 and 3 year old it goes through all of that sort of stuff and anything else you can think of its ace Smile

sliceslice
oh thanks for that, I didnt know she had one out, I might just get that, thanks for the advice.xx Very happy

littleladylittlelady
not sure if it helps, but my mates 14 year old brother has accidents (bladder problems) and gets nappies from the doc, im sure if you ask them they should be able to help, if not, suggest something? before they realised ryan had bladder problems they got tesco nappies as they are pretty big, and because they are tesco they wont be to expensive.
Jordan (my godson that i mentioned in another thread) was banned from drinking after 6pm, and told to use the loo before bed and rewarded if he used the loo if he woke in the night. not sure if that helps either.

im quite scared about the years to come, i have 2 toddlers to potty train Crying although, harrison asks for a wee-wee every few hours Very happy

sliceslice
thanks for that, dont worry about your two im sure it will be fine, I think alot of the problem is due to his concentration issues but thanks for the great advice.

alis378alis378
Hi there, does there seem to be any reason why he is wetting himself. Can you see any sort of pattern that happens just before he does. I look after a lad, same age, who used to be exactly the same. He is very quiet and doesnt mix too well with other children and I used to find that if I had to tell him off or one of the other children upset him then he would wet or soil his pants (not very nice when I had to clean it up!!)

Am not really sure what advice to give but only to not make too big a deal of it when it does happen and making sure you have plenty of spares (as I'm sure you do anyway)

Sorry, probably not much help
Alison
x

sliceslice
Thanks Alison, we are monitoring to see if there is a pattern but as of yet it is not showing up if there is one, the only thing we have noticed is that if he is ingrosed in somthing, which is so rare with his condition we usually leave him to it, he will definatly be wet or dirty. Also his nursery and now school have all said that if he has been told off and put for time out then he usually would do it then aswell to get there attention back. but hey ho we will solider on!! thanks again.

alis378alis378

slice said:
Thanks Alison, we are monitoring to see if there is a pattern but as of yet it is not showing up if there is one, the only thing we have noticed is that if he is ingrosed in somthing, which is so rare with his condition we usually leave him to it, he will definatly be wet or dirty. Also his nursery and now school have all said that if he has been told off and put for time out then he usually would do it then aswell to get there attention back. but hey ho we will solider on!! thanks again.

Does sound exactly the same as my mindee. It wasnt until his mum told me he was in pullups at night that I realised he still wore them. I was a bit shocked at first but then with me having to put up with it during the day it is the best thing for him.

He has got much better now though and it is very rare that he wets/soils during the day. I have picked him up from school a few times with a little bag of soiled pants but it is now very rare. I'm sure that with a little patience (which I know is really difficult sometimes when you're having to change soiled pants 2-3 times a day), it will all come together and you can get through the day without having to take change of clothes everywhere. Kiss
Alison
x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews