Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Does anyone else know about this? Health in Pregnancy grant

shortie2shortie2
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
my cousin phoned me the other night to tell me about it....

its a good idea.. Very happy

kristagkristag

samtiff said:
It does say that it is just a cash amount that they give you directly into your bank account and so it is not going to be easy to manage.
So those who are selfish will probably continue to be so and those of use who want to use it properly will.

It's the choice we make - same as with what to do with Child Benefit money.

I think it should somehow be restricted to go on what it is supposed to go on. I think Samuel is right it should be tokens not just a lump sum to use for anything. If it's intended for health, surely it could be given as 'vouchers' you can use at stores like Tesco, Sainsburys, etc to buy fruit and veg, etc...? You get nought for nought from the Government so bet your boots our taxes are due to go up if they've come up with this idea...call me cynical... Suspect

laineyklaineyk
As far as they are making out its not just to help you eat healthy its to give you a start in some of the bigger purchases, i know its a choice thing to have a family and what a wonderful choice it is but there is nothing out there that gives working families a helping hand so i think its a great thing, i personally will be putting the cash in a bank for the baby when he/she is born.

blessedblessed
I agree, I've been wondering how I'm going to buy nappies!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews