Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Another slight wobble on the name front...

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 10 months ago
We still really love our first choice Rossi James - maybe it's because we are getting used to it that we are now thinking of other options.

I've always wanted Harry for a boy Very Happy and Mark has now said it's grown on him so do you think Harry Joseph Wellard sounds okay

or even Henry? as it seems he now quite likes this too?

Options so far are:

Rossi James Wellard

Harry Joseph Wellard

William Henry Wellard

Henry ? Wellard

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Well, i still think it is your decision hun, whatever we all like or not like. But to give you my input my first choice would be Rossi James, closely followed by Harry Joseph. I am not as keen on Henry, but that is just my opinion hun Xx

ellee1984ellee1984
i think out of all of them i prefer harry but ive always been more traditional for boys names but i like the unusual names for girls its strange but boys ive always liked names like luke, daniel, leo, josef, jakub etc

but like mandy said its your decision sometimes you dont know until you meet them i know someone and she was adamant throughout her pregnancy her son was going to be called jacob (i think) and when he was born her and her husband looked at him and the mw asked what would they like to call him and she said sam.. and sam hadnt even been a name on the cards it just came when they saw him.

It had always been a toss-up between izzabella natalya and natalya izzabella when i was pregnant my ex was adamant it was going to be izzabella or izzabelle for a time but i wasnt sure, as soon as i saw her though i knew she was an izzabella and now i cant imagine her name being anything else she suits it and the name suits her.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Aaralyn was Jady Jo the whole time I was pregnant with her (with some other ideas for names but that's what I thought I was going with).... that was until she was born and then became Aaralyn Makenlee almost 5 days after she was born..... moral of the story: you might completely change your mind once you "meet" him Wink

I still like Rossi James the best so far though Very Happy

WolfblassWolfblass
I'm finding it harder second time around - i also find boys names much harder than girls!

I have always loved Harry for a boy - but Mark wouldn't even consider it before.

Rossi is unusual and would set him astride from anyone else.

DP's grandad was William Henry which is where those two names came into the offing.

As you say when we meet bump i'm sure all will become clearer.

As soon as we set eyes on DD we knew she was a Georgia-Mae Thumbs Up

Thanks xx

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
awwwwwwwww Rossi is a fab name. is it after Valentino Rossi? my brother is called Ross Very Happy

WelshMumWelshMum
Rossi or (if you must change your little boy's name- I thought it was lovely Sad ) Harry. A girl I work with called her son Harry, he's 2 now. Not sure on Henry, William nice too though.

Lou x

WolfblassWolfblass
Thanks all you are so lovely! I thnk i've just had sooooo many people pull a funny face when i say Rossi that it's really making me think twice!

I still love Rossi James though.... and Harry is our second choice - we'll see when bump arrives! Thumbs Up

jo-jojo-jo
Im still loving Rossi James hun. Thumbs Up

soupsoup
my grandad was called henry but loads of people called him harry

so you kinda get two names for the price of one

samtiffsamtiff
I love tradtional names so I like Henry or Harry - however you really liked Rossi and I hope you choose what you really like, not what other people think.

However William Wellard (because let's face it the middle name is not used much) might be a bit odd. The initials WW are ok (since I got married mine are SS - the SS - not great) but I always wonder about first and surnames that start with the same letter.

But again - if you love it then go for it.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews