Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Smelly wind and poo - upset tummy?

kristagkristag
posted 1 decade 5 days ago
Sophie has suddenly started smelling when she passes wind or has a poo. It's a kind of eggy smell (TMI). Mike is convinced she's raiding the fridge in the evenings when we don't notice Crazy

Anyway, as I breastfeed only and haven't changed my diet, do you think this could be a sign of an upset tummy? She's bright in herself, feeding well and playing.

It has been happening for two days now and I can't find anything about a pongy baby on the net Whistling

Anyone else found this happen?

soupsoup
yes charlie stinks !!

and he does REALLY long farts

its all normal just like me your second baby is a bit stinkier, maybe its a breastfed thing ? Monkey

i dont mind the farting at least he never projectile vomits like my 1st did

anyway the wind comes out is good

RichRich Moderator
Jack is 3 weeks old, breastfed and his farting and pooing is...well...chemical to say the least....I thought someone had thrown in a tear gas bomb! ( Certainly made my eyes water )

Perfectly normal... Smile

LucyLucy
subjects like this make me chuckle! I love farts!!! Chris smells and hes 44! and he knows better!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oh my god, yes hun - completely normal as far as i can tell. Lolly never really smelt that bad? Shrug But Jake. . . different story. . . he stank from day 1! LOL. I had never smelt such awful baby farts. I was convinced someone was just blaming him for their smellyness, but nope, it was definitely all him! Sttttinnnnky! Rolling Eyes hehe

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

Lucy said:
subjects like this make me chuckle! I love farts!!! Chris smells and hes 44! and he knows better!

My God, I don't think I've ever heard a woman say she loves farts!! Lucy!!!! W00t! you crack me up@!!!

Aaralyn was (and is still) very gassy... must be something with breastfed babies maybe? She would embarrass me as a tiny infant in public and let a really loud one fly and no one would ever think it came from such a tiny little thing so of course who did they look at? Embarassed

She lets really long ones still and cracks us both up LOL... I guess we're both long winded, just in different ways... HAHAHAHAHA W00t!

kristagkristag
posted 1 decade 4 days ago
Funnily enough, she's not smelling anymore now. It lasted about 2-3 days and has gone. It must have been something I ate but heaven knows what Shrug

She does do the loudest farts too!! I've blamed Mike a few times and Jasmine couldn't believe that such a small thing made so much noise Shocked

Also, she seems to go on and on forever at times, it just goes pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop....I can't believe such a tiny person can have that much wind without taking off Scared

I agree though, any way it comes out is great! Thumbs Up

This thread did make me laugh - you lot are so funny Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews