Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

stretch mark cream recommendations ????

jbradjbrad
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Ok, so I figure the sooner I get started with some stretch mark cream/oil the better chance I might have at avoiding so many Confused

Im going to invest in some this next week to celebrate the fact Ive finally stopped taking pregnancy tests !!!! Thumbs Up

Any recommendations ????

Thanks
Julie x

GTTkelGTTkel
Honestly I think you either get them or you don't; and most of us do!! I think using cream for me was more about cooling the itching as I got bigger and my skin stretched. With my first pregnancy I used Palmer's Cocoa butter and I still got covered in stretch marks. Second time I used Baby Lotion and I didn't really get any stretch marks, although I suspect this was because it had all been stretched first time round and I didn't put on quite so much second time.

Honestly as horrible as they look at the time, they do fade.

kristagkristag
I've also heard they are something you get or you don't. I am one of the very fortunate ones that I never got a single stretch mark with either of mine Smile I have never used any creams for that but I did get a bit of itching so used a sensitive nivea body cream which was really nice and made me feel really smooth Thumbs Up

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Just to reiterate what the others have said, i also believe you either get them or you don't. Unfortunately i got loads 1st time around, however second time i didn't get as many, just 1 or 2 (i thought i had got away with it as i didn't get any extra at all until around 37weeks! Rolling Eyes ) I also suspect it is because i had already stretched a lot before and was smaller second time around. However i did use Bio Oil with my second pregnancy so maybe it did help a tad? Maybe worth a shot but i wouldn't get too het up about it as Kelly said, they do fade. Mine aren't that visible anymore anyway (unless you are staring up close) plus i feel they are my badge of motherhood! Love LOL Now my saggy Belly is another story! hahahaha. Xx

glowingsunglowingsun
BIO OIL. I used it and it reduced the appearance of my stretch marks. And I have BAAAAAD stretch marks.

jbradjbrad
Thanks everyone, I think I'll give Bio Oil a try and if it works its a bonus but if it doesnt at least my skin will be getting something lovely for a while, I neglect it most of the year because I dont suffer from any skin complaints, it kind of looks after itself.

Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews