Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Update on Kelsey

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Kelsey is sleeping calm now for the last 3 hours straight..... more than she has in the last 2 days. The last 24+ hours have been TOTALLY EXHAUSTING with her fevers and discomfort and crying and not eating a thing and only taking pedialyte minimally..... AND fighting tooth and nail to get her antibiotic and motrin into her. We see the Ear, nose, and throat dr in a few weeks. She indeed is suffering tremendously from this tonsillitis and it is breaking my heart Crying but I really do not want her to undergo surgery this young if recomended. We will see how she does in the near future i guess. Our pediatrician said today it will probaby take about 10 days before she really feels better. But in the next couple days things should improve. I am just exhausted. Sleep I was up all night and day with her and I should be on bed rest. DH is taking over tonight but when I hear her my mommy instinct just needs to take care of her myself know what I mean? I hate seeing my babygirl so sick. Sad
She did drink a decent amount before she fell asleep 3 hours ago so hopefully she will have more when she wakes in the night.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, Tonsillitis is horrible. I suffered a lot as a child, and was put on a waiting list to have them removed. Unfortunately my name must have got lost and it never happened. The bouts got much less frequent as i got older though and i only rarely get a bout now.
I know just how you feel about the 'mummy instinct' too hun, Love it is soo hard to let someone else take care of them when you feel you should be doing it, especially when they get to a stage where they can ask for their mummy Sad You have to get some rest though hun and i know your DH is capable of sorting out her needs so let him hun. You have to rest, especially with little Jake on the way! Thumbs Up I really hope poor Kelsey starts to feel better soon hun, sounds like things are starting to improve a little already if she is sleeping more and managing to drink some! Thumbs Up Keep your chin up hun, you will get through it Hug Hug Hug Xx

HayleyHayley
aww bless her must be awful Upset

Hug Hug Hug

SAHMSAHM
Oh bless her, I hope she is well soon! Flower

I suffered horribly with it as a child in and out of the ENT doc. I finally grew out of it I guess, no more problem anyways Shrug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews