Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Terrified - and I've only known for 24 hours!

posted 9 years 3 months ago
I have just switched forums after 2 BFP's yesterday, after 5 months of trying. Clapping Really excited but I went to the docs today, and she has booked me in at the 'emergency gynae' place for Christmas Eve, for a scan. Sad I had one day of light-ish bleeding last week (5 days ago) and some tinged brown spotting. I thought it was AF turned up early. Did a test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before going to the docs to say my periods are getting shorter and shorter - and turns out I am pregnant....but now I don't know if AF in November was a real one either. I am trying to tell myself this is the reason for the scan next week (to check how far gone I am) - and not because she thinks I am going to lose the baby. Really scared! I don't know how I am going to get through the next week.
The doc did say she doesn't think I miscarried last week, as there was no pain and it was so light - but she said it might be a sign I am going to lose it this week. Crying Has anyone else out there had a day of what seemed like their period when pregnant?

the small bleed last week could be anything. some people have an implantation bleed which can be a bit like you described. has your doctor referred you for an epac scan (early pregnancy scan) i had to have one when i had a bleed unfortuntely my bleed wasnt a 1 day bleed it was a 7 day heavy bleed and it was confirmed as an m/c

Hun just to help put your mind at ease. I didn't have a period but i had spotting for a good couple of weeks in my first pregnancy. I was sent for an early scan too. I was 7weeks +5 and all was fine. It really isn't that unusual to have a light bleed around when your period would have been due do don't panic too much, just keep in your head that you get the opportunity to see a pic of your baby earlier than most! Thumbs Up As you have had no pain, no heavy bright red bleeding it really is a good sign. Also as your bleeding only lasted such a short time and it was at the right time for when you would have had AF which is why the confusion. i'm sure the GP is just being cautious hun. Big congratulations Hug Hug Hug Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I did hun, almost as heavy as a regular period... didn't know I was pregnant until the next month... I now have a beautiful almost 6 year old Shocked little girl!

I hope everything goes well hun!! Hug Keep positive thoughts!

I had slight bleeding in my second pregnancy early on, and I now have bouncing 2yr old. It could well be because she also wants to double check your dates. Don't panic, bleeding is more common than you first think.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews