Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Newbie advice please

missywoomissywoo
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Hello. I am new. Hope everyone is well. Sorry to be asking for advice in my first post.

My name is Donna and I am 25. Me and my partner have been TTC for 7 months now. My cycles are normally 36 days long. This cycle however I am 3 days late. I did a pg test which showed up as a very faint positive and wasn't sure whether it could be one of those evap lines I have read about on fertility friend so did another one which said negative. Anyways I have had period cramps for 4 days now and no sign of my period arriving. I have however been experiencing quite alot of gooey, stretchy discharge which is streaked with either brown or very light pink blood. Does anybody know what this could be? Should I be worried? x

emmaluemmalu
posted 9 years 23 hours ago
Hi there and welcome!

They usually recommend that you retry a preg test a few days later for a more conclusive result. The hormone that you start to develop in pregnancy gets stronger with time, so perhaps try again in a day or so. Gets expensive though!!

This is my first month of trying and I'm fed up that I'm not pregnant already- I'm so impatient!! Good luck to you. Hopefully this is your lucky month.

Let me know how you get on
xx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 22 hours ago
Welcome to JP hun Wave I am Mandy, mum to Lauren almost 3 and Jake almost 11 mths. I would leave it another couple of days and test again. It is quite normal to get more discharge if you are pregnant, so it is a possibilty this is the case. It could be a very light implantation bleed you are having, hence why slightly stained? However there are other possible reasons for it. If you get another bfn and still don't get AF i would make an appointment with yout GP and see what his opinion is hun. I have my fingers crossed you fet your BFP soon hun Hug Xx

ElinElin
posted 9 years 21 hours ago
Hey and welcome to JP Wave

I can say anything more then this guys have done allready.
Good luck and hope you did it Thumbs Up

JAYLOJAYLO
posted 8 years 11 months ago
hey welcome

It sounds like you could be preg,as they say that a positive result is rarely wrong!!! So even though the 2nd one was negative, you should def go to ur doc for a second opinion!!!

Sorry I prob shouldnt get ur hopes up!!

Let me know how u go Good luckXXX

Bounty2009Bounty2009
posted 8 years 11 months ago
I totally agree with mum2popsnjak go and see your GP! There you be able to get a fairly conclusive answer as worrying about this issue won't help things either way. Good luck to you, I hope you get the result you want. If you would like to research more on pregnancy and conceiving a great website is ( REMOVED - AGAIN!!! ) and has loads more great advice.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews