Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Is this stopping me from getting pregnant??

janenchrisjanenchris
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Hubby and I have been TTC for 5 months but I am starting to think there is something wrong with me - please help! Sad
AF came back after 38 days (after my withdrawl period from the pill), and since then cycles have been a little longer than ideal, and varied in length by a few days, but there all the same so I count my blessings! For 2 cycles now I have had sore boobs from around day 14 for about a week, and mild cramps, which I took to be ovulation (do you think these are good signs?). But my periods, which started out at being about 5 days, have got shorter. This month, it only lasted 1 day really and on the 2 other days either side I didn't even need a liner. But on that 1 day it was as normal, so I don't think it can be anything but my period. If my periods are this light does it mean than it is unlikely a baby could ever implant, as there is nothing there for it to bury into? Cuckoo I may sound like a complete loon and thinking about this too much, but I need some advice as I am afraid a doctor will laugh at me! Thank you for reading this garbled thread! Ooo - by the way, AF arrived this month after only 30 days - 5 days earlier than my shortest so far. Hopefully my cycles are coming down a bit in length!

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Your body may still be getting back to normal after the pill? If you are worried, go see your GP, I'm sure they won't laugh Smile

Try not to panic as getting yourself worked up, will put stress on to you, which can affect you falling on, even your periods.

It is very normal for it to take 12 months or more to become pregnant, I think there's only supposed to be a 25% chance of getting pregnant each month!

Good luck x

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 1 day ago
I also agree it could just be your bodies way of adjusting to not being on the pill anymore hun and like sarah says 5months (although making you worry) really isn't that long hun, it can be quite normal to take up to a year Yes

Also, just an thought, have you tried doing a pregnancy test? Even though you are having periods, some women bleed during pregnancy and as it is geting lighter and shorter each month it is a possibility? Shrug

janenchrisjanenchris
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Oh my god - I just got a BFP! Took your advice and bought a test to make sure I wasn't, and the pregnancy line is there! So scared it is a faulty test now! Will take another in the morning and if it is still a BFP will get a docs appointment. Now thinking that maybe I was last month too as I never did a test! Clapping

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Aww hun that is fab news Clapping I must admit i had a feeling it was a posibility! I doubt you have a faulty test as unless you are on fertility treatment of some sort it is very unlikely you will get a BFP unless it is for real. It is possible for you to get a false negative but it very rarely happens the other way round. I would say congratulations are in order Thumbs Up . I would just say maybe you should pop along to your GP though and tell him you have had a BFP and it is possible you are a couple of months along but you have had a small amount of bleeding when your normal AF would have been due. I'm sure he won't be too worried by it as it is a fairly common occurance. However as you obviously wouldn't know how far along you are he may decide to send you for a scan to date you? I have my fingers crossed all goes great for you hun. It really is great news, especially as you were soooo worried! LOL Clapping Hug Clapping

emmaluemmalu
posted 9 years 4 hours ago
Well done you!!

I read on the NHS site that apparently positive always means positive, it's just the negative results that can be unreliable. I hope it all works out for you, I'm very jealous
xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Well done hun Clapping x

Well done mandy too LOL Smile

JAYLOJAYLO
posted 8 years 11 months ago
Congrats to u!!!! Im so jealous. Well done and enjoy growing a big bumpXXXX

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews