Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Scared for our babyboy

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 9 years 3 days ago
Hi. I am 22w2d along. Nov 07 my babygirl was born at 32w due to placenta previa and was so tiny. She fought and fought and survived and came home after 7 weeks. She is our little miracle babygirl. Thumbs Up And running everywhere now!!!!!!!! Getting into everything!!!!!!!! Shocked
I am just so scared out of my mind that our babyboy will have the same fate. I am on bedrest as much as I possibly can be with a 12 month old daughter. Hubby is great. But I am just terrified. Sad

candgsmumcandgsmum
Aw hun I'm sorry to hear that you had problems in your last pregnancy.

I'm sure that your mw will be monitoring you more in this pregnancy because of your previous problems, and I'm sure you will know this time round sooner if you feel something is wrong. Relay your fears to your mw, its really understandable that you are worried it will happen again Hug

Try to relax (easier said than done I know), try and enjoy your pregnancy x

number2cominnumber2comin
Thanx hun....... trying to relax but it is 4:30am here and I havent slept Confused partially because my mind is racing about this little one and partially because my darling babygirl has been up a lot crying teething!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh... the joys of motherhood.
But yes so far so good with babyboy Jake.... I still freak out every once in a while. I want him to stay put until at least 36-37 weeks if not longer.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, make sure you get some sleep, i know it is really hard with another little one who is teething but it is important that you rest as much as possible. If your DD was born premature due to placenta praevia then i'm sure they are monitoring you to check this isn't likely again hun. What did they say at your scan? Is the placenta low this time? I know it is so hard not to panic but as Sarah said if anything feels untoward to you i'm sure you will notice earlier and be able to relay your fears to your OBGYN. (we have midwifes look after us here, i think you are slightly different?).
We have another member on here who had a premature baby girl first time around and a few weeks ago she had a second daughter - overdue!. Just because it happened 1st time is not a guarantee for more problems this time hun, honest. Big hugs to you Hug Oh and great choice of name for your son Thumbs Up , I have a Jake too, he is almost 11 months now Very Happy ! Xx

HayleyHayley
Aww hunni lots of sticky glue for bubs! Love Love Love Love

kristagkristag
Each baby is different so I hope your little fella sticks around for a while for you Love

Jas was born at 34 weeks - they have no idea why. They suspected that Sophie would be premature and, apparently, more so than Jas. However, I ended up being induced with her on my EDD so you just never know.

Keep your chin up and try and remain as stress free as you can. I know that's difficult to do as we were preparing for Sophie from about 28 weeks onwards just in case!!

Hug

number2cominnumber2comin
posted 9 years 2 days ago

mum2popsnjak said:
Aww hun, make sure you get some sleep, i know it is really hard with another little one who is teething but it is important that you rest as much as possible. If your DD was born premature due to placenta praevia then i'm sure they are monitoring you to check this isn't likely again hun. What did they say at your scan? Is the placenta low this time? I know it is so hard not to panic but as Sarah said if anything feels untoward to you i'm sure you will notice earlier and be able to relay your fears to your OBGYN. (we have midwifes look after us here, i think you are slightly different?).
We have another member on here who had a premature baby girl first time around and a few weeks ago she had a second daughter - overdue!. Just because it happened 1st time is not a guarantee for more problems this time hun, honest. Big hugs to you Hug
Quote:
Oh and great choice of name for your son Thumbs Up , I have a Jake too, he is almost 11 months now Very Happy !
Xx

Yes I was noticing that your DS is named Jake! That's cool and what a great age huh? He is not too far off from my Kelsey. Very Happy

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Oh no hun!

Here's hoping that this baby manages to stay inside his world for alittle bit longer than his big sis did! xx

youngmumyoungmum
posted 9 years 6 hours ago
- My blog
aww, that would have been terrible. I know it would be very hard to forget, but you have a beautiful baby girl, and there is no reason to get yourself down unless you have to.

keep your chin up, we are all here for you

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews