Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

cots and beds

morganmummorganmum
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
morgan used to be great for sleeping from one month old he was in his own room and slept from 6 til 6 which was great but then he was constantly waking. we had the helth visitor out and she told me about controlled crying which we tried and after two days worked a treat but then he caught a sickness bug and was poorly for nearly two weeks.
stupidly we just let him sleep with us in our bed and now he will not go back in his cot at all. weve tried everything but he sticks his fingers down his throat and makes himself sick if we leave him in his cot Wink hes only just gone a year old! however he sleeps fine in our bed so i was thinking of getting him his own bed.another plus side to that is i could sit with him if he wakes.
is it too soon?
weve got another baby on the way too so i would really like to get this sorted.
any advice wud b apreciated
thanks x

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
No i don't think its too soon hon, mine were all in their own beds by around his age, i got a bed guard thing for the side of their beds so they didn't fall out and that was them........you could always try the gradual withdrawal technique with him if hes making himself sick, sitting by his new bed with him, not touching him but making sure he knows you're there and then gradually moving away, once he gets used to his new *big boy bed* also maybe try getting him a biggish boy teddy to go with his new bed to cuddle and maybe fill up a bit of the space, that worked with my youngest.

Good luck hon hope you get it sorted out soon Kiss

chezchez
no hun i dont think its to soon my eldest was in a bed at 12 months and my second was in one at 13 months. but bed guards are good to get so they dont fall out hope you tackle it soon hun. Smile

staceyj18staceyj18
Im not sure hun i know finley would climb over that and fall straight out of the bed?? Finley can get he's leg out of the bath though im not sure if thats normal.

Good luck hun maybe you shuld give the controlled crying another go though just in case it might work this time xx Very happy

alis378alis378
I think that if you have a new baby on the way then now would be the best time to get him used to a big bed. Too much will be going on for him when the baby gets here so best not to give him too much to handle all at once.

I would also take on Witchypoo's suggestion about gradual withdrawal as you did with the controlled cyring. It may take a while for him to get used to it but you will get there. Bed guard is a fabulous idea and I know that you can get toddler beds with guards attached.

Good luck
Alison
x

AvalonAvalon
We had our son in a toddler at that age. We had no bed guard. He only fell out once and that was after he was in the bed about 4months. We did also put a baby gate on his bedroom door so if he decided to get out of bed he couldn't get out of the room.

Good Luck
Avalon
xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews