Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

got called in to speak to the teachers

soupsoup
posted 9 years 7 months ago
to nursery as my son had been kicking people Shocked

i am at my wits end with him Crying i know its probablt because the baby came and his routine changed but still i am trying so hard to get him to behave

he did also have immunisations today so im wondering if that could of sparked it off Monkey

he is not normally violent but everyday they tell me that he is not doing as his told Sad

HayleyHayley
Awww hunni i expect it is to do with the new baby, was he like that b4 charlie?

i know kids go thru regression and rebellion when they get other siblings .. like markin their territory sorta thing"

Have u asked the teachers what they think?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, it does sound as though it could be because of charlie's arrival? He had you all to himself for 4years and now he has had to learn to share you. It must be so hard for theor little brains to comprehend this new person in their life. I'm sure it will settle down it is still such early days Yes I know it is really hard, but have you tried making one on one time with him, letting your DH look after charlie an another room or go out for a drive while you play with him? I hope you get to the bottom of it hun, i'm sure you will get there soon Hug Hug Hug Xx

soupsoup
it probably is a reaction to the baby

but its been 9 weeks now - how much longer do you thik it will last ?

HayleyHayley
well i guess until hes not so little and ppl so makin as much fuss Confused

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I think they all take a while to get used to it. Some longer than others i suppose? Tbh Lolly did take a while hun, she loved Jake but was frustrated that he couldn't play with her. She wanted to play and we kept telling her not too (she was trying to give him unsuitable toys etc) and she played rough with him. Now he is walking round the furniture and can 'play' with her, she is getting a lot better Thumbs Up I hope it doesn't last too long for you hun! Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I agree that it probably has to do with not being the one and only anymore.... maybe try to dote on him a little more with out letting him get away with misbehavior??

I've always made a point when I see a young child and a baby to kind of ignore the baby and make a big point of giving all my attention to the older one. When I was working at a restaurant one time I had customers that had a little baby and a little girl that was around 4 and every body was fussing all over the baby. I asked the little girl what her name was and just talked to her then she said to me that she was a big sister now and that was her baby brother, I said "oh, I hadn't even noticed the baby because you are soooo cute!" she had a huge smile ear to ear Very Happy and the mom noticed that I said that and gave me a wink and a thank you.... I got a good tip from that group too!! Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte mis-behaved when George was born, although Charlotte was a little younger and not attending a nursery or school at that point so I'm not sure how she would have relayed her behaviour there. She would do naughty things for attention, and relay her frustrations in other ways because she couldn't tell us how she felt.

My mum said that when my youngest brother was born (I was 4 and in nursery), that a few times she was called in to see the teachers regarding my behaviour. They put it down to a new baby and the fact my mum was hospital bound for most of her pregnancy, so I was missing her, even though I had my mummy back, she was tied up with a new baby.

glowingsunglowingsun
Kids ae kids. As much as adults would like you can't force kids to do things they don't want to do. That's why there are sooooo many alternative fun ways to get kids learning. Also, kids get overwhelmed when there is too much on their plate. What's your weekly schedule like? How much physical excercise is he getting at home and at school?
My daughter had quite a rough start at the beginning of the year. I talk with the teacher often and we try to come up with a solution to get her back on track. The teacher has just explained to me that young kids are only just learning about personal boundaries and appropriate behaviour. I know that phone calls from the school are nerve wracking, I had a few myself this year. But look at it as this, your not the one in school. Your son is. And the school just feels it's a good idea to inform you that he is spending time in th principals office. If you really feel that he is having some social problems, ask to have meet with school counsellor. You can try to set up a program for him that teaches him how make friendsand get along with kids while respecting others. I have done this with my daughter and it worked quite quickly.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews