Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Do you think its wrong....

youngmumyoungmum
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
- My blog
Kailey has been off bottles for a few months. i had the avent bottles, but she always chewed holes in the teats. one day i got sick of it and went out and bought some plastic cups and a new sipper cup. it didnt bother her at all, but she had already been used to drinking out of a cup since she was alot younger.

i dont think there is anything wrong with him still having a bottle. he will grow out of it. my advice would be give him the bottle before he goes to his bed, or before he gets too tired. it may be a comfort thing, and if he doesnt have it when he is unhappy or tired, he may realise he doesnt need the comfort any longer.

Good Luck, but i wouldnt be too worried!!

Vegan_mamaVegan_mama
Yeah I agree with some of the other replies about risking tooth decay. Bottles are not like breastfeeding so he really shouldn't have a bottle at this age but he might really need the comfort. Im still breastfeeding at 2 but there is not as much of a risk of tooth decay and I really feel that children of this age still need the comfort and reassurence but maybe it shouldn't be from a bottle. Could you try giving him loadsa cuddles with his bottles and slowly cut down on them but keep the cuddles?

I wouldn't do it before he goes to bed as this is the highest risk time for tooth decay.

HayleyHayley
Thanks girls

well he hasnt had bottles for 2 days now and he has be ok, he wont drink cows milk without nesquik in it, but at least he gave up the bottles no problems, he asks for it still but he soon forgets xxxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
That' great news hun, sounds like you may have cracked it! Very happy Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews