Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

A cold is just going on and on

kristagkristag
posted 8 years 11 months ago
I've got Sophie some nose drops now as she had a slightly blocked nose today. She really seems to have a cold that won't go away Sad

I wish our weather would get really cold like it should in winter. We need some of these germs killed off as they are just hanging around with this mild weather No

Why do colds have to last so long with little ones Shrug

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Wow, Krista, I know I've said this before but she sounds so much like what it was like with Aaralyn at her age. The gurgling sounds, the coughing, the constantly being sick. I hope you guys don't endure as much illnesses as we did. If it continues, ask your Dr about a condition called PI... I'll find a link for you and post in a few.

I hope your little beauty gets feeling better and stays better really soon hun.... I know how hard it is for both of you Sad Hug

check out this link.... http://pediatrics.about.com/od/primaryimmunodef...mundeficiency.htm

I don't want to make you worry about something that might not be the case either, but as much as I loved Aaralyn's Dr in Rhode Island, I'm not sure with all the other tests that they did on her, there was not one done for this... it fits her to a T! As soon as my health insurance situation is straightened she'll be having the blood work done.

If it is the case with Sophie (and hopefully not!) atleast you can start treating her and keeping her from being sick so much maybe....

kristagkristag
Thanks Tammy, that's interesting and something I'll mention to my doctor when I see her next week for Sophie's 8 week check. I have BUPA too so at least if there is something, we can sort it quickly I hope.

I don't remember any of this kind of stuff with Jasmine. I know they are all different but it seems never ending with Sophie. Also, you'd have thought it would have been the other way round with Jas being premature!

I am a bit edgy because I'm asthmatic and had it severely as a child with more hospitalisations than I would like to remember. I was concerned Jas would get it but she did not (her dad is very fit and healthy). I therefore have the same concern with Sophie as this cold has hung around for so long (despite Mike being very healthy) and I know that a cold goes to my chest pretty quickly and I usually need antibiotics Sad

Let's hope it's just 'one of those things' with Sophie but I really appreciate the link! Hug

No problem hun! I do hope "it's just one of those things" too!!

Any new pics of her to share since I'm soooooo bad about signing into facebook Embarassed Rolling Eyes

kristagkristag

hapydazy said:
No problem hun! I do hope "it's just one of those things" too!!

Any new pics of her to share since I'm soooooo bad about signing into facebook Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Yes, more uploaded on it. Saw your thing about MySpace but I don't use that Sad Don't disappear from Facebook altogether will you! Shocked

HayleyHayley
I hope shes better today, must be awful

My son dec has had a continous cold since sept when he was rushed to hospital with a respiratory infection...so i know how u feel, hes always ocughing and his nose is always blocked, ur right tho, this yr seems to be the worse for colds Kiss

kristagkristag
Would you believe she STILL has this blasted cold Sad

I'm using the nose drops before every feed and sometimes in between too.

Fortunately she has her 8 week check on Tuesday so I'll mention it to the doctor just to get her chest checked again (totally paranoid about her getting a chest infection or having asthma like me No ).

Poor little soul soaked her babygrow in the night so much from mucus that I had to change her twice. Even with the moses basket propped up, she still snuffles a bit Sad

I just wish this would go away as it's stressing both her and I out at the moment. She's been crying a lot in the last few days and sounds so nasal.

It's a rotten time of year isn't it for colds and coughs.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, it is so awful isn't it, there seems to be so much going around. MIne have had almost a condtant cold/bug for 2mths now. We are just starting to get over the last one now but still snotty! I have just bought a tonic medicine, it is orange flavoured and is basically a vitamin and mineral liquid. I think it is only suitable from 3mths though i think? May be something to consider in a few more weeks though hun, if she is still suffering! also, is it possible she could have some sort of allergy hun? that can make you all mucusy and snotty? I really hope Sophie starts to feel better soon hun Hug Hug Hug Xx

HayleyHayley

kristag said:
Would you believe she STILL has this blasted cold Sad

I'm using the nose drops before every feed and sometimes in between too.

Fortunately she has her 8 week check on Tuesday so I'll mention it to the doctor just to get her chest checked again (totally paranoid about her getting a chest infection or having asthma like me No ).

Poor little soul soaked her babygrow in the night so much from mucus that I had to change her twice. Even with the moses basket propped up, she still snuffles a bit Sad

I just wish this would go away as it's stressing both her and I out at the moment. She's been crying a lot in the last few days and sounds so nasal.

It's a rotten time of year isn't it for colds and coughs.

poor thing Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews