Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Choking regularly - is this normal in a baby?

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 2 hours ago
Sophie has a habit of choking quite a bit, whether it be on milk or her own saliva.

This is something I don't remember ever happening with Jasmine (however, my memory for 10 years ago is a bit vague!) so I wondered if it's quite common or not? Confused

She sorts herself out most of the time before I even pick her up but it's something I am finding a bit disconcerting Shocked It bothers me more than it bothers her Whistling

Does anyone else have a baby that does this quite regularly?

SamuelSamuel
posted 9 years 19 minutes ago
None of our children have ever done that, what has her doctor said?

mary_1989mary_1989
posted 8 years 11 months ago
- My blog
yes my daughter still does this occasionally on her milk but i dont know what it is because as u said it bothered me more than her i think. i tried to limit the amount of milk she had in one go so she had a break whilst having her bottle and this seemed to sort it but it still happens occasionally. hope this helps but if ur worried i would see your HV.

kristagkristag
I've spoken to HV and Doc and neither seem concerned. It just seemed a bit unusual to me. I breastfeed so make sure she's has a burp between boobs Embarassed She still does it quite a bit though but as I said, it bothers me more than it does her Smile

soupsoup
i cant say it happens here

maybe you have a fast let down ? so when your boobs let down a new rush of milk it comes out a bit fast and makes her cough ?

i think you will find this page very helpfull

http://www.kellymom.com/BF/supply/fast-letdown.html

try the uphill feeding and let me know how you get on xxxx

kristagkristag

soup said:
i cant say it happens here

maybe you have a fast let down ? so when your boobs let down a new rush of milk it comes out a bit fast and makes her cough ?

i think you will find this page very helpfull

http://www.kellymom.com/BF/supply/fast-letdown.html

try the uphill feeding and let me know how you get on xxxx

Top notch! This is exactly it I'm sure Clapping

When Sophie starts nursing, I feel a quite sharp 'pain' of the let-down and you can hear her gulping. She pulls off the breast and my milk squirts out everywhere so I've just plugged her back in quickly to avoid getting soaked! Frustrated She does pull off regularly whilst feeding but near the end of a feed, she doesn't pull off at all and just drinks slowly. I do burp her during the feed and she does have a ton of gas all the time Blink

I think you've hit the nail on the head here hun Thumbs Up Thank you. I've bookmarked the page and will try some of the 'remedy' options now.

soupsoup
your welcome hunny Thumbs Up

im glad i could help Very Happy

i did think when i read it that you had a few of the symptoms Yes

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews