Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

i just dont know what to do or say!

angelsmomangelsmom
posted 9 years 19 hours ago
pickin casey up from nursery today i was asked to wait behind, and that the head was coming (her nursery is part of the school). apparently casey has said i hit her and pull her hair and that im sad. well yes im sad, i have depression and im in abit of low time at the mo. and yes i give her a smack every now and then. but she said i hit her forehead and because there was a mark they had to take it seriously......its her birthmark!!! smack on her bum or hands anyway. as for pulling her hair its called brushing.

it just made me feel so awful, i cried, i know im not the only one to smack their child. thing is casey comes from nursery and tells me that kids have been hittin her and stampin on her so how do you beleive what she says?

she is hard work at home, she may not be the worst behaved child in the world but she knows how to push my buttons, exactly what drives me mad.....we just clash. theyve offered me help with her....dunno what that is yet, and have suggested reward charts, which ill do but dont know if she'll respond well. thing is shes good as gold at nursery.

any suggestions welcome tho think i just needed to vent.

SAHMSAHM
posted 9 years 19 hours ago
oh you poor thing. I think they all know what buttons to push. Crying Maybe you can try the help that they are offering. I am not sure what to say, but just wanted to give you a Hug and let you know that we are here....even if you just need to vent.

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 8 years 11 months ago
That would scare me for sure too. Are they going to investigate? Do you have a family doctor or paediatrician who can back up your story? I f you are being investigated hopefully you get smart social workers that know that most kids who really are being abused hide the truth. Your daughter may have been angry or accidentally exaggerated the truth. This is still not pleasant. Have a talk with her and ask her if something is wrong.

HayleyHayley

glowingsun said:
That would scare me for sure too. Are they going to investigate? Do you have a family doctor or paediatrician who can back up your story? I f you are being investigated hopefully you get smart social workers that know that most kids who really are being abused hide the truth. Your daughter may have been angry or accidentally exaggerated the truth. This is still not pleasant. Have a talk with her and ask her if something is wrong.

I agree! Hug Hug

soupsoup
reward charts are good we are currently doing this with his school as mine is not good at school but ok at home

number2cominnumber2comin
I am so sorry hun. Hug Kids do/say things for many reasons. Try sitting down with her, on her level, calmly, talking seeing if something could be bothering her or maybe she is sensing you are upset about somthing and is angry and she is reaching for attention. If it is pursued... definately have your Dr back you.
Hug
Lacey

SamuelSamuel
Don't worry, my husband was a social worker until we had children, with stuff like this if they are called in they ask where mummy or daddy last hit them and the kid has to point it all out, then they ask again a few minutes later after a little play. When they are telling fibs they always point in totally different places on their body, little ones don't have the memory to be good liars.
If she is doing this though, stop smacking her, for some children its just a smack, but for others it really distresses them and effects them on the inside.

angelsmomangelsmom
no they not takin it any further theyre happy with my explainations, she just has a very active imagination. we got the reward chart today, shes also been alot better behaved since without it.

soupsoup
thats great

make sure you are very consistant with it to get the full effect and lots of praise and tickles Clapping

harinathharinath
posted 2 months 2 weeks ago
do not be with preoccupied thoughts about children . a sculpture brings out a figure from a stone . he sees inside a stone . let's strive

TrinityTrinity
posted 2 months 1 week ago
Dear Angelsmom.
When my first child went to nursery, I got similar cases. There is need to exercise a lot of caution over such allegations. Reports made by such children can either be right or could be untrue. Casey speaks from both sides of the mouth, at school she tells them you smacked her, but at home relates to you what the other pupils did. Sometimes the class teacher would be the best to get first-hand information from, in my case I used to see the teachers before having a word with the head. Child abuse allegations are not the best of allegations. Kids of nursery school going age can fabricate some stories that end up being taken as the gospel truth and can cause harm on the perceived perpetrator. And sometimes what the kid only wants is attention from the head of school and, of course, you the mother. Try to ask the teachers if other children have reported being smacked by their parents. It would also be good to establish if your child opted to go straight to the head without having to say to the teacher. I think what the kid is saying is not true.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews