Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Bubbling sounds at night

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Sophie has been 'bubbling' a lot recently, particularly at night.

I've had her checked at the doctors and she has nothing on her chest (no wheezing or anything) and her throat wasn't inflamed. However, she sounds like she's got a cold all the time. It's a kind of gurgling, like saliva bubbling in your throat.

Anyone else found their little ones have had this? It doesn't seem to go away but seems pointless taking her to doctors again as it's not around much during the day when they are there!

Any advice would be great Sad

soupsoup
posted 9 years 1 day ago
it sounds like flem maybe, charlie had this and it woul only really happen at night

i got some nose drops for him as it was hard for him to breath through his nose when he was feeding and he kept coming off the breast

or could it be her tummy guggling, i hear chrlies sometimes it happens when he feeds but i hear it mostly at night because its quiet

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 1 day ago

soup said:
it sounds like flem maybe, charlie had this and it woul only really happen at night

i got some nose drops for him as it was hard for him to breath through his nose when he was feeding and he kept coming off the breast

or could it be her tummy guggling, i hear chrlies sometimes it happens when he feeds but i hear it mostly at night because its quiet

It definitely sounds like flem to be honest. She does come off the breast a bit but seems to breathe fine while she's on it so I'm not sure if it's that. What nose drops did you get? Can you get them from a chemist or are they prescription only?

She does cough with the burbling too, like trying to clear her throat. She can also choke a bit with it which tends to happen early in the morning. It really sounds like she's dribbling. Hope that describes it ok!

soupsoup
posted 9 years 1 day ago
doc said that i just need to wait for charlie to cough and clear it and theres not much i can do other than use the nose drops to clear his nose

they were prescribed, the bottle says normal saline so its just salty distilled water

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 1 day ago
I used it for Lolly and jake (still use it on Jake if he is particularly bloked) I used Nasosal first it is in a blue box, couldn't get any last time though but the chemist just gave me the same thing, just not a branded name. Ant chemist will be able to give you saline nose drops hun Yes !

Milk in itself can make you more phlegmy than normal and as babies only drink milk it is probably this hun. I'm sure it is nothing to worry about. You won't notice it as much once sophie is moving around more, it is worse when they are sleeping on their backs. Once they roll themselves over it is less of an issue. Xx

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 1 day ago
Sounds like Joseph, although he was diagnosed with a floppy voice box by the hospital (they said he would grow out of it between 18mths and 3 years) he hasnt and they now say he has a narroeing of the airway.

You could try putting a pillow under her mattress to prop her up slightly at night,it helped Joseph alot

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 1 day ago

Alex said:
Sounds like Joseph, although he was diagnosed with a floppy voice box by the hospital (they said he would grow out of it between 18mths and 3 years) he hasnt and they now say he has a narroeing of the airway.

You could try putting a pillow under her mattress to prop her up slightly at night,it helped Joseph alot

I have her mattress propped up a little already. It doesn't seem to make much difference to be honest. She's pretty much fine during the day but then again, she's mostly in my arms so propped much higher (bit too high to do at night unfortunately) and moving a lot more.

I will check with the HV on Wednesday but I'm thinking it does sound like quite a common thing. It's just gone on a while now which bothers me Sad

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews