Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

at my wits end updated again LOL

tigger197613tigger197613
posted 9 years 5 months ago
hi to you all again ive just had nathan at the docs in relation to his servere mouth ulcers all his blods came back normall and FINALLY a doctor who is taking it seriously is referring him to the hospital Clapping she has looked at them (as he is full of them again) and has agreed this isnt normal! so maybe now we may get some answers after further investigations!!!! Clapping

samtiffsamtiff
Glad to hear they are taking it seriously at last. Fingers crossed for you and your son that they get to the bottom of it soon.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I really hope you can get to the bottom of this hun. It must be driving you both mad. Poor little chap! Still fingers crossed now you are getting refered it won't take long before you find out what is causing these nasty things Xx

tigger197613tigger197613
posted 9 years 3 months ago
since having my sons hospital appointment and having 11 bottles of blood taken his blood results have come back normal! Crying i am so frustrated becuase we cant get to the bottom of this, hes had more time of school because of them,friday they were so bad i had to collect him from school as all he could do was grunt or write down what he wanted to say!!! we are still waiting for his mouth swab to come back but im not holding out much hope now, al i really want to do is cry now, Shrug i really am at my wits end now it seems we are not gonna get ti the bottom of this,

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, i am soo sorry Sad I was really holding out hope that something would show up in his bloods so that you can get to the bottom of all this. I can't begin to imagine hoe frustrating it is for you all, not knowing why he keeps getting them. They must be sooo painful for him too. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the swab shows something up hun. Huge hugs to you all Hug Hug Hug Xx

tigger197613tigger197613
thank you hun , the hospital said they were going to write to the doctors with a list of things to try but they havent done it Evil or Very Mad

tigger197613tigger197613
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Clapping Clapping OMG OMG after having one hell of a week WE FINALLY HAVE A DIAGNOSIS FOR MY 12 YEAR OLD SONS MOUTH ULCER PROBLEM!!! Clapping Clapping
it turns out he has a weakend immune system,(picked up by a and e department) its called ,Aphtitous stomatitis we need steriod treatment to try to prevent them getting as bad as they have been this last week, after pushing for 5 years i ended up at a and e on friday night as my son hadnt been able to open his mouth much more than enough to poke a straw in , and the pain was so bad he wasnt sleeping, so hes now on 2 tablets calpol nurofen and antibiotics at present along with the steriod treatment that i goota get from my gp tomorrow as he needs close monitoring for it by his gp !!! it took an hour and a half to get the diagnosis but boy we happy we finally got there and altho it cant be cured as such it can controlled Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

AlexAlex Moderator
Thumbs Up great news Thumbs Up

Hope his mouth heals up quickly this time. Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hurrah Clapping

Fantastic, hope the treatment is a success Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hurrah Clapping

Fantastic, hope the treatment is a success Hug

LucyLucy
thats great Clapping

WolfblassWolfblass
That is brilliant news!!!! And about time too! Very Happy Flower

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
At last hun, i'm sooo pleased you finally have a diagnosis. Sorry it is going to be an ongoing battle for you hun but it is great news he is going to get some treatment now and you have an answer Thumbs Up . Your poor little mite must have been in so much pain. Xx

tigger197613tigger197613
Hug thank you all im please to say that since starting the steriod treatment everything is now clearing up and my son is now able to eat drink and talk again Clapping we are nearly back to normal and he will be back at school on monday after having nearly 2 weeks off, again thank you for putting up with my rants on this subject and my son read all your comments today and they put a smile on his face Clapping

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews