Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

One after another after another!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Is anyone else having one cold on top of another in their household right now? It is driving me crazy Frustrated As soon as one of us gets rid of a bug/cold another one surfaces Sad . My DF is suffering again since yesterday, with a nasty cold (he only got rid of the last one a few days ago!) Jake is also suffering really bad again. He can't breathe at all, (is also teething still so that not helping) he is whingy and has been finding it hard to rest. I have him dosed up on calpol at the moment. He also has an eye infection (mild)where he keeps rubbing his face and the snot is getting in his eyes. I am trying to keep it clean but his nose is like a tap and he is dribbling like mad too. Upset Poor little lad has got his dribble rash back again too as he is constantly wet (even 2min after changing him Rolling Eyes ) I am so dreading Lolly cathching another one, she has just got rid of her bronchiolitis (well apart form the odd cough now) It seems never ending at the moment Sad Xx

ellee1984ellee1984
awww hun izzy and i have had times like that not recently though hope you all get better soon sending ya Hug 's and Flower 's

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Thanks hun, Jake is really unsettled again tonight cos he can't breathe at all he is soo blocked up. I am rocking him in his buggy as i write this at the mo. It doesn't lay as flat as his cot so he finds it easier to sleep and breathe when he is like this in it. Although it isn't working at the mo Sad Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

mum2popsnjak said:
Thanks hun, Jake is really unsettled again tonight cos he can't breathe at all he is soo blocked up. I am rocking him in his buggy as i write this at the mo. It doesn't lay as flat as his cot so he finds it easier to sleep and breathe when he is like this in it. Although it isn't working at the mo Sad Xx

Awww poor Jake, give him some extra love from us Love Hug

knock on wood, we've been having a pretty good run here... almost 2 weeks with no colds for Aaralyn, for her that's good!

I hope your crew starts feeling better soon, really soon! Flower

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
He has finally fallen asleep for a bit. Not holding up much hope for long but we shall see? It is the 1st sleep he has had since 6am this morning and he is shattered bless him.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Good, the buggy helped a little then.... I used to do the same thing with Aaralyn when she was sick and colicky, I had forgotten about that little trick!

ellee1984ellee1984
aww i used to find izzys vibrating bouncer really used to help her get off to sleep wrapped up all snug in a blanket so just her head was sticking out

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Well the buggy helped a tad but he was still awake on and off all night and he hasn't slept today either Sad Still his cold is a bit better and his eye isn't as sore so hopefully things are on the up again? xx

I used to do that with Jake too when he was reallt tiny ellee. They look so cute don't they! Xx

SammyFMSammyFM
posted 8 years 8 months ago
My daughter Izzy was the same, always getting a cold or throat infections. This occured since she begun pre-school however her immunity gradually built up with the help from children's Echincea and plantaigo which you can get from health shops. Seven Seas also do multi vitamin tonic (can't recall the exact name of the tonic) butit has helped to restore her health and immunity. If you want the name of the exact tonic I can email it you.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews