Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Christmas party outfit!!!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
(I never post in here lol)

I am trying to find something for my Christmas party and everywhere I look all I can see is DRESSES!!!! I am not a dress girl, I like trousers and a top. Whay is it only sresses this year. Tounge Out

HELP!!!

LucyLucy
ok give me some ideas, what size where can you get to like shops like next or debenhams ykwim? and what colours?

AlexAlex Moderator

Lucy said:
ok give me some ideas, what size where can you get to like shops like next or debenhams ykwim? and what colours?

I usually go to Evans, tesco true section or use Marisota online.

Im not fussy with colours, if I like it I buy it.

There is a nice orange beaded dress on the Evans website but I would want to wear jeans or something under it but not sure if it would look right.

ellee1984ellee1984
have you got a link for this dress you like?

AlexAlex Moderator

ellee1984 said:
have you got a link for this dress you like?

oh yes that would help wouldnt it!! Wink

here

it is actually peach. The 2nd item on the top line

ellee1984ellee1984
thats really pretty dress alex.

have you thought about maybe putting some black skinny/straight leg jeans under it and then picking out one of the colours in top (maybe the red)for shoes

AlexAlex Moderator
I also like THIS in both the silver/grey with white trousers and in black with black trousers but then I have the problem what kind of shoes do I wear. I dont do heels because of my height!! (at 5ft 11 I dont really want to be any taller!) So I have never worn heels and cant walk in them!

I am such a fuss pot

ellee1984ellee1984
how about some cute little pumps i cant wear heels at the moment cos of my knee so i dress outfits up with cute pumps that are either flat or have a tiny heel

AlexAlex Moderator

ellee1984 said:
how about some cute little pumps i cant wear heels at the moment cos of my knee so i dress outfits up with cute pumps that are either flat or have a tiny heel

thats what I was thinking. been looking for some that I like (again has to evans or marisota because you cant just walk into the high street for a size 9 Sad Face )

ellee1984ellee1984
do you have a brantano near you they go upto a size 9 in the range and a 10 in the extra sizes in the ladies

AlexAlex Moderator

ellee1984 said:
do you have a brantano near you they go upto a size 9 in the range and a 10 in the extra sizes in the ladies

do they??? Im not sure where my nearest one would be (I have a feeling Dundee and that is 110miles away!!) Off to have a look Very happy Thanks for your help

ellee1984ellee1984
thats ok hope you manage to find a pair of shoes and decide which outfit there both really lovely

LucyLucy
how bout this one

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servle...395&langId=-1

AlexAlex Moderator
I like that Smile

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hope you find something you like hun. I think the choices so far have been ace Very happy I really like the orange/peach one. It is a nice cheerful colour too. I agree with ellee aswell, i'm sure you could put some skinny/straight leg jeans under it Smile They are all lovely so far though hun. Let us know what you choose in the end Xx

hapydazyhapydazy
I like all three of the choices that have been posted on here but my favorate is the orangish/peach one! Very hippie/bohemian so you know that I'd love that one!

I really love the blouse that Lucy posted too, sexy and sophisticated and I love the back of it!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews