Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Leeds German Christmas market

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 7 months ago
My mum, Charlotte, George and me are off to the Christkindelmarkt on Saturday afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to it. I wanted to go last year, but never got the chance.

We are going in on the bendy bus LOL, the kids will enjoy that, they don't get to go on a bus very often.

AlexAlex Moderator
I love the German Christmas markets. Thumbs Up I went to edinburgh's last year.

Hope you all have fun (and dont spend too much money)

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Ooooh i love the german christmas markets. We used to have one every year right outside where i used to work in London. It was great, i really miss it. We do have great local christmas makets here but it isn't quite the same. If you are going on the bus you can try some of their gluhwein it is dilicious. Like a german version of mulled wine Thumbs Up Hope you have a great day hun Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I've got most of the Christmas presents now so I don't think I'll be spending too much...(hopefully LOL)!

I think I might just try some of that wine Mandy, especially if its a cold day Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
We didn't spend much, it was so busy you could hardly get near the stalls! It was just mostly food and beer LOL. My mum and me bought some stolen MMMmmm, just eating the last piece now Embarassed

Charlotte and me had a ride on the merry-go-round which we loved, we stayed for it to turn dark and see the Christmas lights in Leeds Thumbs Up

I'll have to try get round to uploading a couple of photos i took on my phone

ellee1984ellee1984
that sounds good i dont think anywhere around here does them though i did a few years ago actually go out to germany to the christmas markets at the beginning of december they were good and i had fun but i dont think they were really what i was expecting if im honest

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

candgsmum said:
We didn't spend much, it was so busy you could hardly get near the stalls! It was just mostly food and beer LOL. My mum and me bought some stolen MMMmmm, just eating the last piece now Embarassed

Charlotte and me had a ride on the merry-go-round which we loved, we stayed for it to turn dark and see the Christmas lights in Leeds Thumbs Up

I'll have to try get round to uploading a couple of photos i took on my phone

Sounds like a fun day! Can't wait to see the pics... now tell me please, what is a stolen MMMmmm???? I bet it's delish! and I could probably google it but I'll let you tell me, I google too much Wink

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Lovely hun. Sounds like fun, i bet charlottte enjoyed the merry go round and i'm sure the lights looked so pretty. We went to see our local towns lights being switched on yesterday. Lolly loved seeing all the twinkly lights Thumbs Up !

Tammy a Stollen is a cake/bread traditionally eaten in germany at christmas time. It is made with yeast and contains dried fruit and in the middle there is a round of marzipan. It usually has a very light icing on the top too. Hope that helps hun Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Thanks Mandy, I'm getting such a great cultural education by being a member here!! Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews