Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Left overs.......

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 8 months ago
Is anyone else guilty of leaving left overs in the fridge way beyond the time the stuff should have been eaten?? I've just had a look and now i'm going to clean out the fridge... that's a good thing to do on a rainy day!

Hope I'm not the only one with the occasional science project in the fridge!! Shocked Halo

AlexAlex Moderator
depends on what it is but yes I can be guilty of that too.

I am also bad for using things after their best before date (never after the use by date though!!!)

hapydazyhapydazy
Oh not me, I'm so paranoid about old our outdated stuff.... Mikey is really bad, he'll keep things way beyond the expired date... frozen stuff, shelf stuff. One time when he was away, me and Amber cleaned the fridge and the pantry and threw away stuff that was years beyond expiration... we took a little slack from him on certain things LOL Wink

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I don't usually but now you come to mention it, i made a Butternut Squash Soup the other day and the leftovers were put in the fridge. I completely forgot about it and found it yesterday. Lets just say, it definitely wasn't edible anymore Embarassed Xx

hapydazyhapydazy
I realized when I did mine before that my fridge temp is set way to low, most of the left overs in there were still frozen Shocked probably edible even! I threw it all out though... now my fridge is sparkly clean again Very happy .... Now I gotta go figure out what's for din din

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 1 decade 7 months ago
Oh I'm so guilty Embarassed

I recently chucked out some chickpeas that I'd had left over from a veggy curry I'd made ages ago. I only used half the tin so I put the rest in an airtight tub...the lid had bulged and when I took it off the smell was henious!!! Gag

SummerSummer
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
You're not alone!! Shocked I feel guilty for that too! Sad Face

SamuelSamuel
Nothing like a tub of mould in the fridge, we always leave philadelphia until it is nice and furry.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had to just chuck out 1/2 a can of furry baked beans Embarassed

SummerSummer
Talking about leftovers... how often do you clean your fridge?? I need to clean mine asap!!!

hapydazyhapydazy
LOL @ Sarah's beans!! been there Embarassed

I don not clean mine often enough, It's very much do for another cleaning right now.. there's no fuzzy stuff in there at the moment (well, there could be) but the shelves need a good wiping!

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had to give it a wipe the other week as something had tipped over and it went everywhere!! I was in a hurry though so I wiped what needed to be wiped, but I still at some point need to take all the selves out and give it a proper clean. I also need to defrost the freezer Embarassed

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews