Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Good old fashioned Tug of War (our fun planned for tomorrow)

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 1 month ago
There's a "Tug of War" event going on tomorrow that we'll be going to and if the weather isn't too horrible it will be a blast!! Do you guys know what a tug of war is?? If you do, there is a little twist on this one, it's across the water with the opposing tugging teams on either side!!

Here's the link to the event, http://www.themre.org/tug2008/index.html it will explain more and you'll see exactly what we'll be doing, Mike may even get in on being a "tugger" LOL! Alot of the proceeds from the event will go to Aaralyn's school Thumbs Up

This has been going on for many years, even though Eastport is actually part of the city of Annapolis, the Eastportians (myself being one now Very Happy ) want Eastport to be it's own little city, The Maritime Republic of Eastport vs Annapolis, it's an ongoing humorous rival going way back.

here's a link that has a little history about it if you're interested
http://www.themre.org/tughistory.html

candgsmumcandgsmum
I remember doing tug of war as a kid but I can't remember why LOL Embarassed

Have fun, sounds like good laugh Thumbs Up

It should be a good time.... it's raining out now but hopefully will let up soon. I'm gonna go look at the weather channel forcast and see what's up!

LucyLucy
i did that once, we extended the rope over a river, ok so i got wet!!!!

I never took part in again!

LOL, I would have like to seen that Lucy!!

this one is going to be a 1700 foot rope across a big creek!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
That sounds like great fun tammy! Thumbs Up You guys will have a ball if the weather holds up and its such a fun way to raise funds too. I hope mike doesn't get too wet! LOL Xx

AlexAlex Moderator
Tug-o-war is a big thing up here, we have teams who have made the Birtish championships Smile

Sounds like it is a good day you have planned, hope the weather held up for you. Thumbs Up

Yep, it turned out to be a great afternoon weather and other wise... just uploading some pics and video now Wink

No one got wet, darn it!! and my side (Eastport) lost, I think we got 2 of the 6 tugs they did and Annapolis won the rest of them Bad! It was all in good fun though. Mike didn't get to pull because they already had the teams established. He's still down there LOL, Ren and the kids and I came back a little bit ago (she didn't end up working so she went with us too!)

I'll post some pics in a little bit....

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Sounds like great fun hun! Thumbs Up Shame no-one got wet tho! LOL Look forward to the pics! Xx

AlexAlex Moderator
Clapping PHOTOS PHOTOS Clapping

Hurry up Tammy!!!!!

Soon as I get the kid's belly filled up I'll post the pics... Mikey's so funny, he was (so he thought) taking pics of Aaralyn and I dancing and I had taken a video of her just before that so there's about 5 little mini movies a millisecond long to upload, doing it to have the images for pictures though otherwise I would've deleted them Rolling Eyes, he had no idea it was on the video taker...

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
LOL, I would have like to seen that Lucy!!

this one is going to be a 1700 foot rope across a big creek!

yeah i bet!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews