Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Sort of good news for us migraine sufferers

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 10 months ago
Mike just emailed me the link to this article, if you suffer from migraines you should find it interesting....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/ts_nm/us_migraine_cancer

SAHMSAHM
this is interesting

I was just diagnosed last year with migraines, and suffer with them horribly Upset

I feel for you hun, I get them horribly too! Atleast we can take a little solace in knowing that having them may reduce our chances of breast cancer.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hmmm...my mum suffers with terrible migraines but has also just got over breast cancer Shrug She must just be terribly unlucky bless her Love

I'm glad your mum is a breast cancer survivor!! Is she still doing well? I know mine are hormonally related so hopefully that means I'm in the lower risk category, plus, thank goodness it's not common in the females in my family.

I was watching on the news the other day about a girl who had the test done to see if she carried the "breast cancer gene". It turns out she did and she opted for a double masectomy to avoid ever getting the cancer Shocked That was really brave and smart in my opinion Yes

candgsmumcandgsmum
She's a lot better, we did all panic a little at one stage as the drs realised it had spread into her brain Sad Fortunately though they realised more or less straight away and she had 2 weeks of intensive radio therapy and she's in remission now.

As far as I know my mum is the only female in our family to have had breast cancer, but I do check my boobs regularly.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews