Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Hi Im new here and wanting to sound off

EmzEmz
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hello everyone, Im 9 weeks pregnant and having a few worrys. I found out 2 weeks ago, and apart from feeling sick and being knackered all the time things are going smoothly. The trouble is I just can't get all the scary facts about miscarriage out of my mind, I wish I could fast forward to 12 weeks so I could relax more. I feel like I can't voice my fears incase I 'jinx' myself or something stupid. My husband tells me to not even think about it and not to be negative, but I just can't fully relax.
I've told our parents and a few people at work as I needed time off for appointments, I can't wait to shout it from the rooftops but again theres a fear of telling everyone too soon. Am I being irrational? has anyone else felt this way? I just can't get this niggle from the back of my mind, everytime I go to the loo I have a slight dread incase I find Ive been bleeding or something. Eeeek help me!

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i have felt the same way with all of my pregnancies its perfectly normal to have feelings like this
try not worry about it hun all will be fine
welcome to the site it great here
my names donna
xxx

sugarsugar Moderator
its normal hun!
Tbh even after the 12wks when we told everyone i was still scared - that first scan is so reassuring thoguh!

EmzEmz
Thanks for letting me know Im not being daft. I feel like I shouldn't be getting too excited right now but its so hard not to let your mind wander into the future. I just can't wait until its further along and I have a bump. I feel like a fraud at the moment Very happy

gemmagemma
welcome to just parents

i was just the same - i think its perfectly normal. And i agree as much as you try not to get carried away you still plan and think of the future.

Have you seen your m/w yet - just wondered if you get a 12 week or a 20week scan. I only got a 20week scan with my first as i was sure of my dates but god it was such a relief to see my baby, until that moment i don't think i beleived she was ok.

Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months and a happy and healthy baby

Gemma

angie82angie82
hiya!!!
Its quite normal. Myself, I'm still paranoid that something will go wrong and i'm 39 weeks. Even if you ever bleed, take it calmly and go to hospital. I bled at 15 weeks and I cried and panicked....and it was nothing. So don't worry:)

EmzEmz
Hi, yes I've seen my midwife and had my booking in. Just waiting for an appointment for a 12 week scan, can't come soon enough! I still can't get my head around this teeny tiny person being inside me, it feels so abstract at the moment.

DanielleDanielle
I can only echo what the others have said. I felt the same with my babe, but the pregnancy was fine. I found out very early, and I didn't keep my trap shut - Can't help myself LOL!

Congratulations anyway Smile

Danielle x

EmzEmz
Ive been reading up so much on pregnancy, must have every magazine out at the moment! Plus always having a nosey around the internet looking to see what the baby looks like right now. Me and my husband are both only children, and I don't have any friends with kids so don't have much experience with babys but can't wait to learn with our own!

bailybaily
Hi i know how your feeling i'm about 8 weeks gone, not been to see anyone yet still waiting for an appointment. it is very strange is'nt it as i don't really feel much different apart from like you said being tired and my boobs are sore. I do the same each time i go to the loo thinking 'please don't have come on!!'. i've not told anyone yet, it's so hard keeping such a big secret.

hipmommahipmomma
congratulations on your pregnancy. it is absoloutly normal to be a little worried. Try to rest, even though your not all big and bumpy yet it will still do you good!

Be happy!! Very happy

xGemsxxGemsx
Hi and Congratulations!! Very happy
As the others have said it is normal.
I don't think you stop worring!!

Take Care x x x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews