Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Terrible Two's??

youngmumyoungmum
posted 9 years 6 months ago
- My blog
Hi. My daughter is 17 months old, and lately shes been getting very temperamental and pushing the boundaries of everything... she's usually a well behaved kid to the point that if i ask her to do something she will, but now it's all opposites. i know its nothing to worry about as it is just a phase, but i was just asking everyone's opinion as to wether or not she is hitting the terrible 2's early, or if this is a stage building up to it?

SamuelSamuel
Mikey went from a little darling to a monster in about three months when he was 19 months old, the build up prepares you for the plato. Once she realises her tantrums and misbehavior don't get her anywhere, she will stop though, it isn't all the hell that some people make out.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Terrible two's didn't start with mine till just before 3 yrs old.... she's 5 1/2, it hasn't stopped yet Rolling Eyes

For the most part she's pretty good now but those stages will come and go hun, just stand your ground and don't waiver on what ever means of discipline you use... I've had to learn this the hard way Unsure sometimes.

youngmumyoungmum
- My blog
Thanks for your help. I will keep it in mind. im not worried, it's just that she is picking stuff up so quickly and she has snapped from Wonder Kid to Miss Me in a matter of days.

But thanks for the help.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I think the terrible two's are a bit of a myth tbh. I think they go through different behaviour at different stages and ages. I'm sure it is just as tough at 5, 10, and 15 as it is at 2 but for different reasons? It seems to start once they are aware of how to get attention (good or bad) Rolling Eyes Lolly was also an angel up until around 18mths and then she turned into a little madam almost overnight. Confused
As has been said already, stay focused and stick with whatever form of discipline you are going with. I think changing it around just confuses them and they don't know where they stand. It sounds to me like you have a very normal toddler there hun, so try to not stress over it too much! Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
They are also learning alot about themselves at that age, big time discovery and part of that is becoming more independent which can lead to the "Miss Me", she's really learned what she likes and how to get it when she wants it and it really "hurts" them when they can't have it, that part they don't quite understand yet, nor do they understand reasoning so it can make it real difficult for us parents! Crazy

tigger197613tigger197613
my little shop of horrors started around then and Shrug dont think they ever grew out of it lolthey now 13 12 8 and 4 !!

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph hit the terribles 2's the day he turned 18mths and stopped when he was 2 1/2.

Be firm and consitent with her.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews