Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Slight Cramping brown spotting

ivory16divory16d
posted 9 years 8 months ago
So I'm new at this, and scared to death. I've been lighly spotting brown for 3 days now, and slight cramping for 4 days. i had a pap 5 days ago (that's when i found out i was pregnant) and that caused some serious bleeding ( from my cervix)but that stopped. i just need some support. yesterday i had convinced myself that i lost the baby (still over emotional) but today my headaches are back, still peeing like crazy, and feel a little icky when i don't eat. Anyone with experince in this? BTW, i'm only 5 weeks 1 day gone

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
well i can reassure you that i spotted for a good couple of weeks and had some cramping (like mild period type cramps) for ages. Was still getting a few at 5/6mths. It is quite common hun, generally speaking if it isn't heavy or bright red then it is less of a worry. However if you aren't happy that everything is ok or if anything changes i would definitely speak to your midwife and get checked out. Maybe sent to the early pregnancy unit for an early scan if possible? Hope everything goes ok for you hun. Keep us informed how you are getting on! Hug Xx

ElinElin
I did have a brownish bleeding and everything was ok. It is normal. And i did have like a period bleed to and everything was fine. But if you still feel that you want to be sure that nothing is wrong call your midwife. Good luck Hug

kristagkristag
I had spotting at 5 and 6 weeks with this pregnancy. I had an early scan so it might be worth trying to get one booked at your local EPU - they can do it at 5 weeks and you'll see the little sac there if all is well Thumbs Up

Providing the spotting doesn't turn to red and become a 'bleed' it should be fine.

Try and be positive and put your feet up Hug

Hope all goes ok. Hug

TAMSTAMS
I spotted for three weeks between week 6-9 but I have a 4month old now. Try to take it easy. I ended up doing another test to reassure me.

ivory16divory16d
You guys are awesome. I feel so much better. I felt that everything i found on threads online, women were ending in m/c. My cramping has subsided and my spotting has significantly decreased. today i get my results for HCG levels from a couple of blood tests i had taken, so wish me luck!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Awww good luck hun. I'm sure all will be fine and you will be holding your gorgeous LO in your arms before you know it Xx

ivory16divory16d
Okay, everything is fine. My values went from about a 500 to over 3500 in 4 days. My spotting is just about gone, and i don't feel crampy anymore, just sick. thanks for all your support. I now can look forward to my first u/s on Nov 5th

soupsoup
thats great news Thumbs Up

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Congratulations hun, Here's hoping for a healthy pregnancy and delivery hun Thumbs Up Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews