Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

the change from 2 to 3

SAHMSAHM
posted 9 years 1 month ago
Not sure if this the right place to put this because we aren't trying just yet, BUT I was wanting to ask a question about parenting.

We have 2 boys now and are thinking of having another, just wanted to ask the moms and dads of 3 or more children how it is to go from 2 to 3 children.

orc30orc30
The change from one to two, was bigger than two to three. Car size becomes an issue with room for all the car or booster seats, or not squashing the one that doesn't use a seat.
Most places do everything for families of four, so it can sometimes make things tricky.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hi hun, I just have the one so I can't help you there but I just realized you're from the US... there aren't many of us active on here so I got all excited!! Very Happy (not that I don't love my international friends here!! Love )... where in the US are you from??

LucyLucy
i have a friend who has 3 and her middle one is very difficult (middle child syndrome) he can be very awkward at times and very sarcastic.

His father was a middle child too and hes just the same.

SAHMSAHM

hapydazy said:
Hi hun, I just have the one so I can't help you there but I just realized you're from the US... there aren't many of us active on here so I got all excited!! Very Happy (not that I don't love my international friends here!! Love )... where in the US are you from??

NC and you?

SamuelSamuel
Well, obviously if you don't have one, you need an extra bedroom, and unless you or your partner can fit in the back between two car seats, you need a bigger car, luckily for us, Frank sits in the back with the boys and Pippa up front, so we didn't have to get a new car.
Two children seems to be the only acceptable thing, you get alot of "Why would you want another one, you already have two?".
We have entered the hand hold stage, Pippa recently started walking, I have two hands, and three little ones to hold, I now appreciate reins, because I know otherwise we would be back down to two children because I'm a bit useless really.
Middle child syndrome, I have it, Jamie has it, for us Mikey started school just after Pippa had arrived, which cooled the jealously quite alot as Jamie was getting more of his Frank and Sam time back.
The boys are gentler now they have a little sister as they know girls generally don't like being pushed around, they have both calmed down quite a bit actually. Three, it is a good number for us.

SAHMSAHM
Thanks everyone for ur advice and input! Really helps.

That is what I was really concerned about the middle child problem. I was the only child, so I know nothing about it. Aaron will be starting school next year, so I think that will help with the jealously thing. We would have to build on a new room in the future, the boys already share a room now and we have a spare that they use as a play room.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews