Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

desperate for an idea on natural oven cleaners

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 9 years 1 month ago
I'm in great need of ideas for all natural oven cleaners. Lemon juice? Vinegar?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Bicarbonate of soda is good if i remember correctly hun? Will try and have a look in my household cleaning book if i can find it? Xx

LucyLucy
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/cleaning/how-to-...08-10-02_p_1.html

sheebah7sheebah7
posted 1 year 10 months ago
The easiest and most effective natural oven cleaner is baking soda and white vinegar. This is really a great cleaner duo period if you are into natural/green living. All you have to do is sprinkle it in the oven let it sit overnight then wipe clean with a dish towel or dish cloth. Easy and gets the job done without harmful fumes. Love this..and I use the combination daily.

Andy_LothbroAndy_Lothbro
I've tried a number of store bought and home made methods to clean the oven that should be quite green, however none of them seem to work very well. Especially on an oven a few years old that has quite a bit of spatter or baked on stuff.

Unfortunately, I've had to go back to the horrible oven cleaner that burns your skin and your throat when you breathe it in. Nothing else will clean it properly.

thash1979thash1979
I have used the vinegar and baking soda method. I mix it into a paste and glib it on the surface and inside. Unfortunately, I have to let I set for hours, then scrub it off to get the gunk off. It is by far a much natural method for cleaning, but the harsh chemical stuff really is what gets it clean.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews