Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

movements toward the end

mumof3girlsmumof3girls
posted 9 years 4 months ago
HI, I am 39 weeks pregnant now and my baby had really settled down with his movements for the last few weeks but today he has not stopped all day just wondered if this was normal? with my girls they settled down and that was that but this one is really diffrent. Shrug

GTTkelGTTkel
Maybe the baby is just trying to get into a good position for birth and having a little kick about at being so squashed

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Doesn't sound much to worry about hun. As kelly said i'm sure baby is just trying to get comfy and in a good position for labour! Movements tend to be more of a good sign than a bad one. Maybe you just have a little wriggle bum? Or could be that you had a different diet? Sugary snacks? cold drinks or icecream? this always gets them moving? Or maybe you just had more of a relaxing day and noticed the movements a lot more? Xx

catswinniecatswinnie
my littlun was still active right towards the end he was born at 39 weeks. MW said he was probably just getting comfy and in good position ready for the birth Very Happy

mumof3girlsmumof3girls
thanks for your replies hopefully he is just getting ready for birth i cant wait for him to come now im having a sweep on thursday and they are going to arrange an inducement aswell because hes really big they dont want me to go over not long now yippee. Smile

kristagkristag
My little 'un had gone quite quiet but is now buzzing around inside again and I'm 39 weeks so fingers crossed for us both Thumbs Up

I had a sweep yesterday but nothing happening yet - still hoping it might or I'll be induced on Friday apparently as they won't let me go over either. The sweep was totally painless but the midwife said my cervix was still posterior and hard so not ready yet but we all know how quickly that could change Shocked

Good luck hun Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews