Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Proud Mummy moment

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Joseph has only been at school for 7weeks and WOW what a difference in him. I know how well he is doing with his reading as I listen to him everynight and Number I have some idea on as he gets number sheets fo homework and as I know he is doing addition I am always asking him questions

But this weekend he has taken to sitting with a piece of paper and a pen and writing sentences!!!! He is so good and trying to sound out lots of the words himself and he is doing such a good job with it. Clapping He also has really neat handwriting for a 5year old boy

Im so proud of him

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww Love Sounds like Joseph is coming on in leaps and bounds! Well done Joseph Thumbs Up and well done mummy for being a great encouragement for him! Thumbs Up Xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
That's great Alex!! You should be proud, and Joseph should be too!!

Aaralyn has recently really gotten into writing pages from books, just copying the words and then we read them together... her reading is starting to come along well now too Very Happy ... The only problem I've seen with her copying out of books is that some of them have a fancy font and she tries to write the letters like that, so I've been trying to pick out a bunch of books that have "normal" font and let her choose from them.

Something that has come along with school that I'm NOT liking is quite a bit of attitude again... she's been a bit extra whiny too but understandably with her being sick, but this new fresh little tude she's got is not being excused for any reason Bad!

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
thats brilliant hun. well done joseph xxxxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Wow that is fantastic Thumbs Up

Charlotte has been doing her 'Fred Talk' homework, although I don't think she is doing any handwriting as such, as far as I know, they concentrate on that later. She is learning the sounds of words which is great, and she's beginning to recognise letters and point them out to us Love

Her counting is excellent, she's even begn doing some basic adding and taking away Thumbs Up

Tammy, I know what you mean about the 'tude' (I love that word BTW) Charlotte's is really bad at the moment Bad! Little madam she is at the moment!!

GTTkelGTTkel
It's great when they take to something so well isn't it, makes you brim with love and bubble with excitement Thumbs Up

sosososo
Wow thats great! I think he is going to be a very independent kid! Keep up the good work, I think you had a lot to do with it. You should be proud of yourself as well Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews