Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

need some advice please

sbiggie86sbiggie86
posted 9 years 2 months ago
My oldest sons father is not in my sons life. He has been incarcerated for the past 4 1/2 years now, so my youngest son is obviously with another man who has been wonderful to my oldest and has taught him so much and is always there for him. Now ever since the baby has been born he has not shown any favoritism between the baby and my oldest, and lately my oldest has started calling terry daddy every now and then. It doesnt bother him at all but is it ok to let him do that? We have sat down and actually talked to my oldest about his real dad and how terry is like his dad in a way as he is there for him and loves him and helps take care of him and he seems to understand, but im just not sure if i should let him call terry daddy?

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Hun, I think if your son's biological father is not in the picture (will he want to be when he gets out?) if all are comfortable with it then I say why not?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I have to agree with tammy hun. You have obviously done a good job explaining to your son about his 'real' father and if everyone is ok with him calling your OH dad then i see no problem with it! Xx

orc30orc30
My eldest is not mine but I was on the scene from when she was 6 months old. She calls me and the biological one dad. At the end of the day as long as Terry is not bothered by it, which I wasn't so I'm sure he isn't, then what's the problem? Your eldest obviously thinks of him in that way. You have explained what the situation is to him, so let him make the decision.

sbiggie86sbiggie86
Thanks everyone for the advice i really appreciate it!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews