Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

alittle confused !!!

mum2be-feb09mum2be-feb09
posted 9 years 11 months ago
Hi all.I was told by a friend that after 12 weeks of pregnancy you shouldnt lie on your back. i looked it uo on internet and still im confused some people tell u its ok to lie on your back and others say u cant. has any one have any idea. i love lieing on my back but when i do my partner tells me off LOL !!

soupsoup
i have no idea what shes talking about Shrug

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
It isn't really too much of an issue. Basically the baby can get less oxygen if you are lying on your back in later pregnancy. It also can make you feel a bit lightheaded and dizzy as it puts more pressure on certain nerves (which i think is the real issue?) They do say the best position is lying on your left side which gets the best oxygenated blood flow to the baby. However i would just lay exactly the way you feel most comfortable hun! Xx

WolfblassWolfblass

mum2popsnjak said:
It isn't really too much of an issue. Basically the baby can get less oxygen if you are lying on your back in later pregnancy. It also can make you feel a bit lightheaded and dizzy as it puts more pressure on certain nerves (which i think is the real issue?) They do say the best position is lying on your left side which gets the best oxygenated blood flow to the baby. However i would just lay exactly the way you feel most comfortable hun! Xx

Exactly - i am 17 weeks tomorrow and haven't found lying on my comfy for a fair few weeks now! But i've never really laid on my back anyway....

WelshMumWelshMum
I feel confused about that too, I am nearly 11 weeks and even though I sometimes sleep on my back in the night I do try to stay on my side as much as I can. I agree though that it's more to do with later pregnancy when it can be a problem for you more than the baby, I found I couldn't lie on my back anyway!! Couldn't get up without major maneouvering!! Sad

candgsmumcandgsmum
I think its mainly advised not to be done in later pregnancy, I think it can restrict the blood flow or something like that...I use to wake up with George on my back with my arms above my head Crazy So I used to have dead arms and the worst back ache ever LOL, I don't know why i slept like that because I cannot lie on my back and sleep at all normally!!

jo-jojo-jo

candgsmum said:
I think its mainly advised not to be done in later pregnancy, I think it can restrict the blood flow or something like that...I use to wake up with George on my back with my arms above my head Crazy So I used to have dead arms and the worst back ache ever LOL, I don't know why i slept like that because I cannot lie on my back and sleep at all normally!!

PMSL that is exactly how i slept while pregnant Shrug
I never usually sleep like that LOL.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
How is safe to sleep then haha, we all get told different things.
Did anyone sleep on their front in early pregnancy before they got to fat hehe

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews