Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

cute pronunciations, not wanting to let go of....

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Let me start by saying I don't like when Aaralyn talks baby talk, but, there are a few words that she mispronounces still (not trying to talk like a baby) that sound so cute, It's the little bit of "toddler" in her I'm ok with right now (even holding onto a bit maybe Rolling Eyes )

Some examples are:

Refridgerator = frigalator

Vacation = bucation

Very = berry (awwww Love )

Guitar = kitar (used to be tikitar Shrug )

she still pronounces her th's as d's as in mudder/fadder (mother/father) although she can say her v's and th's she just forgets that she can sometimes Love

Do your LO's still say cute little pronunciations that you're kind of holding onto lovingly??

LucyLucy
slippers - blips

crisps - pibbys

glasses - gagas

cake and custard - take and tustard

remote control - remotcama troll

spagetti - besketti

millenium - minnellium

calculator - conculator

i think we really need to get a grip on the English language!!!!

AlexAlex Moderator
Joseph has outgrown all his little things and his speech is developing nicely, he does have problems with V and B in the middle of words, festibal and comvine (festival and combine) but they are tricky sounds to produce in the middle of a word and will develop with practice.

I was concerned for a while about his speech and thought he would need therapy but not now. what we think it cute now isnt so cute when they are older. My nephew has 3 lisps and it is cute now when he says things like 'thorty'= thirsty. But wont be when he is older and learning to read and blend words (sorry. it the teacher in me Embarassed )

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
that's ok, I understand what you mean.... I was concerned for a bit with Aaralyn and her th's and v's but she does say them when she takes her time or when I do correct her.... I just still can't help but think it's cute when she is talking in a rush and still mispronounces them Embarassed

LucyLucy
nah i think its cute that they hang on to some words, chris couldnt say Deoderant for a long time, he used to say drodrant, and he says tuffee for toffee and bumfire for bonfire but thats the accent i think and hes a little lazy, his mother has passed that habit on!

LihraLihra
Alisa has:

hop-it-all = hospital

Bicket = biscuit

Ebza = Zebra

Hippi-tea-pota-mas = hippopotomus(sp)

Yes we have been to the zoo resuntly(sp)

soupsoup
im actually a bit worried about his speach development

he cant say v's (but we recently started cheeting and using f's instead - he was using t's)

and he cant make a la/le/LO sound - he uses a w

so love is wud alot of the time

he still says butball instead of football - he needs to be corrected

he says wowwy instead of lolly

there was something he said the other day that i almost didn't correct him for because it was cute, i cant remember what

Embarassed

jo-jojo-jo
Vic say's
hank-you -thankyou
lello-yellow
luvsh you-love you Love

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Crystal rarely says money she says 5p, every coin is a 5p to her

AlexAlex Moderator

soup said:
im actually a bit worried about his speach development

he cant say v's (but we recently started cheeting and using f's instead - he was using t's)

and he cant make a la/le/LO sound - he uses a w

so love is wud alot of the time

he still says butball instead of football - he needs to be corrected

he says wowwy instead of lolly

there was something he said the other day that i almost didn't correct him for because it was cute, i cant remember what

Embarassed

Dont worry about it hun. These sounds are not properly developed in some kids until they are 7.

The nursery will soon let you know if they think he needs Speech and language therapy.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Lolly's speech is really good for her age. There isn't much she can't pronounce already. But she does still say malk instead of milk which i think is so cute, infact i find myself saying do you want some malk sometimes? She also says mote for remote and lello for yellow and besketti for spaghetti (my brother still says this now and he is 28!) She used to say hosser instead of hoover but has learnt that one now. She also says noodals instead of noodles. Other than this most words are great! She was a really early talker though, i think i may have more trouble with Jake as he has been much slower to make noises. Although he is only 8mths old, so is hard to tell at the moment! He seems to be much more forward with his mobility than Lolly was, she was a really late walker. So i think they all decide to concentrate on one area of their development at a time! Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte used to say
'muwk' instead of milk
'emboe' instead of elbow, she has just within weeks learned how to say it properly
She still say 'spunbob' for spongebob square pants LOL

George is still learning his words, but he has some funny pronunciations

Juice 'Duue'
Food 'Nyum nyums'
Thank you 'ta'

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews