Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

21 week scan !!

mum2be-feb09mum2be-feb09
posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi all iv got my 21 week scan on 7th october and im hopeing that i can find out the sex so hopefully the baby will be good to me LOL. but my partner is a bit worred that they will get it wrong and we bye all the wrong colour and i was just wondering if any 1 on hear has been told wrong.

AlexAlex Moderator
good luck for the scan.

they say if you are told a boy it is 99.9% right but they can only be 50% certain with a girl.

Im sure someone on here was told they were having a girl but had a son ( I can't remember who though)

GTTkelGTTkel
If you're not certain you could just buy the basics for now and get them in whites and yellows, then once the baby is born go out and get a few bits in other colours. Chances are they will be able to tell you anyway

daisy33daisy33
HI there

Bet you are bursting too find out!!!

All my friends who had had girls or boys have all been correct. They cover themselves by saying 90%

If you pay £40 for a private scan with life scan the picture is so clear you would be 99% sure.

BUt i am sure you will see. They live in baby grows mainly to start with anyway. Go for whites, cream and yellows if you want to be safe.

Ah enjoy its a fab feeling

xxx

kristagkristag
My hospital would not tell you unless they were 90% or more certain of the sex. For boys it is easier apparently but they said for girls they have to see the labia before they can say for certain. If they are unsure, they will not tell you.

When I had my 20 week scan, I was told a girl and could see what they were looking at. However, I played ignorant and asked at the end once again how they could tell it was a girl and the sonographer went back and showed me exactly Very Happy

Let's hope it's right as I've gone for the pinks and we've named her already. We have NO names for a boy Embarassed Mind you, I'm sure a little boy won't mind pink to start with Baby LOL

WolfblassWolfblass
My mumm was tld with my younger sister that she was having a boy - which they named Kyle - but when bubs entered the world it was a pink baby which they then named Kylie!

Nursery was re-painted pink from blue - but that was 20 years ago!!!

Bare in mind this is very rare AND they cannot always see the sex.

But i hope you get the result you want!!!

mum26soon2b7mum26soon2b7
hiya ive got my 20 week scan on 16th oct would have been due the same day as you but got put back 2 weeks cus of late ov grr im also hoping to find out the sex but with my last they couldnt be totally sure...they said prob boy but not to go buying any colours LOL one trick you can use to make sure the baby moves around more so you can see in between legs is to eat sugary sweets just before you go....this makes the baby more active....in the end i went to baby bond and got an acurate result...and it definately was a boy LOL i went away with a definate pic of his bits LMAO x x x

ellee1984ellee1984
they got it right with me they told me that i was having a girl and she showed me how they tell she pointed out that there was 3 lines which is 95% chance positive i was having a girl..

my friends sister in australia however when she was pregnant was told she was having a girl and when the baby was born it was actually a boy.

what id done was i got girls clothes but i also got a blue outfit and i took a mixture of pink and neutral coloured sleepsuits into hospital with me just in case.

mum2be-feb09mum2be-feb09
Thanks every one for your repleys. i really wanna no iv seen so many nice thinks but most are in pink or blue. iv brought lots of bit in white cream an yellow.there are a few people in the family that wont to no and sum that dont but we are not telling any 1 the name at least that will be a secret LOL. once again thanks u every 1. xx Thumbs Up Very Happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews