Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Over 40 and over due date

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 2 months ago
I wondered if anyone on here had their baby aged 40+ and was allowed to go over the EDD?

I'm looking a bit further into why my consultant won't allow me to go overdue (I'm 42) and is talking about induction in week 39 if she's not arrived by then when a friend at NCT classes is just turned 40, at a different hospital, and nothing was mentioned to her about age being an issue or a higher risk of stillbirth.

The only information I can find about the higher stillbirth risk is from a survey done in the USA last year and it really doesn't seem terribly conclusive to me.

As my doctor said, I'm fit and healthy, not overweight and therefore maybe could be left alone at least for a while if I go over.

Not that I want to go over you understand Embarassed

AlexAlex Moderator
I know of a women who was 43 and pregnant with her 1st and she wasnt allowed to go over 40 weeks as the risk of a still birth was apparently higher. she was taken in and induced at 39+4 days and finally gave birth at 2days later (but they kept wanting to give her a c-section because she was taking to long but she stuck with her guns and had a normal birth)

candgsmumcandgsmum
I honestly have never heard of that, I had a google search and found absolutely nothing Shrug

daisy33daisy33
sorry to be useless too but i am really sorry i do not know either

x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews